Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 28, 2024, 02:32:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CP still has no Job

Started by lovindad, Feb 12, 2007, 11:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lovindad

All parties in GA.

Soc, I emailed you about this earlier but some more time has passed and I wanted to run a couple of questions by you.

I am NCP with EOW visitation.  CP has full legal and physical custody.

CP is going on 3 months with no job.  Up until this point she has lived on her Income Tax Return, but the money is running out.

It looks as though she will be unable to find a job due to numerous firings and a total lack of references.

While I understand that her inability to hold a job is grounds for nothing, there is concern on my part that she will soon have utilities cut off and / or lose her rental home.

At this time myself and my wife are helping her with her job search by sending her possibilities and helping with her resume.  We're also keeping the children more in order for her to waylay some of her basic grocery bills, etc.

1) What would my best course of action be if her utilities are turned off?  Or if she loses her rental home?

2) If she is unable to find a job, is this grounds on her part for an increase of child support?  Even with her work history of absenteeism and firings?

socrateaser

>1) What would my best course of action be if her utilities are
>turned off?  Or if she loses her rental home?

Call child protective services.

>
>2) If she is unable to find a job, is this grounds on her part
>for an increase of child support?  Even with her work history
>of absenteeism and firings?

Hard to say. Best interests of the child will prevail, but at some point the reality that under federal law, the court can't take more than 50% of your after-tax income will intrude.

lovindad

All parties in GA.

Soc, I emailed you about this earlier but some more time has passed and I wanted to run a couple of questions by you.

I am NCP with EOW visitation.  CP has full legal and physical custody.

CP is going on 3 months with no job.  Up until this point she has lived on her Income Tax Return, but the money is running out.

It looks as though she will be unable to find a job due to numerous firings and a total lack of references.

While I understand that her inability to hold a job is grounds for nothing, there is concern on my part that she will soon have utilities cut off and / or lose her rental home.

At this time myself and my wife are helping her with her job search by sending her possibilities and helping with her resume.  We're also keeping the children more in order for her to waylay some of her basic grocery bills, etc.

1) What would my best course of action be if her utilities are turned off?  Or if she loses her rental home?

2) If she is unable to find a job, is this grounds on her part for an increase of child support?  Even with her work history of absenteeism and firings?

socrateaser

>1) What would my best course of action be if her utilities are
>turned off?  Or if she loses her rental home?

Call child protective services.

>
>2) If she is unable to find a job, is this grounds on her part
>for an increase of child support?  Even with her work history
>of absenteeism and firings?

Hard to say. Best interests of the child will prevail, but at some point the reality that under federal law, the court can't take more than 50% of your after-tax income will intrude.