Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 20, 2024, 08:19:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ex-wife not wishing to come to terms with CS

Started by tkl1126, Nov 25, 2007, 10:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkl1126

....that being said, how do I get my ex-wife to come to terms with my admitted arrearage and agree to new terms because of my disability.
She seems afraid to go to court since she might have to pay me yet she will not sign her own agreement that she drew up and agreed upon which I have agreed to as well. Yes, she has other issues but what options do I have to encourage her to sign without being accused of stressing her out or harassment?

ocean

Give her a quick deadline and file with the courts...you can always agree when you get there. The longer you wait the longer you will be held accountable. It goes to the date you filed with the courts ...not when you were disabled.

tkl1126

Understood, however, she has always said she would not persue CS all these years but seems to hold it as her ace in the hole.  The other problem is required mediation before a filing which she has avoided.  Do I proceed and further give her cause to continue with the alienation she is now promoting with our daughter or just go for it and let the fall-out take place?  Daughter is turning 14 today.

Ref

how much you would owe based on state guidelines?

Why would she have to pay you? As far as I know, you can not get a retroactive ajustment to support in most states past the date of filing with the court for the modification.

Ref

ocean

Why let her hold it over your head...go to court ..get the fixed amount...no more BS.
Mediation here is just before court....so if you can agree all the way up to then, just go in and have it put into writing. You can have a talk with your daughter about what you have been paying with proof and show what you make now and how you need to change the amount. She is old enough to see the truth (not get her involved but if she is saying things about it then have an open discussion).
JMO...