Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Oct 18, 2024, 10:23:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

My son needs help

Started by jacobsmom, Jun 08, 2007, 07:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacobsmom

My son and his girlfriend have a little girl. she turned 1 in april. Baby's mom will not let him see her unless he drives to Iowa and visits her their in her house. We live in missouri. We tried to stop her from moving out of state and they told us at the court house that even though his name is on the birth certificate with out a parteny test there is no proof he is the baby's daddy. She has filed for aid in Iowa and they have contacted the state of Missouri for Childsupport.

Is there anyone out here that can help or send him to the right place?
I thought fathers had rights to and I am finding it very hard to see where they are. He dosent have a car just started a new job and misses his little girl very much. We all do.

mistoffolees

>My son and his girlfriend have a little girl. she turned 1 in
>april. Baby's mom will not let him see her unless he drives to
>Iowa and visits her their in her house. We live in missouri.
>We tried to stop her from moving out of state and they told us
>at the court house that even though his name is on the birth
>certificate with out a parteny test there is no proof he is
>the baby's daddy. She has filed for aid in Iowa and they have
>contacted the state of Missouri for Childsupport.
>
>Is there anyone out here that can help or send him to the
>right place?
>I thought fathers had rights to and I am finding it very hard
>to see where they are. He dosent have a car just started a new
>job and misses his little girl very much. We all do.

When did she move?

If her move was recent, he might still have a chance to do something about it.

Who told him at the courthouse that there is no proof about paternity? If it was a judge, he should have ordered a paternity test. If it was someone else, I'd ignore it. In any event, you need to file an emergency order for custody and a parenting plan. If the judge is the one who commented on paternity, you need to take care of that, too.

wendl

WIthout a court order since they were never married he has not rights until paternity is established and he has a court ordered visitation plan.

He needs to get an attorney right away, hopefully you can help him financially with the costs of attorney fees.

Most courts have websites with the forms that need to be filed and how to file them.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

jacobsmom

it was a clerk at the court house. She moved I think in Nov 06. She refuses to allow him to see his daughter unless he gives her money. She is holding the baby as ransom. When we talked to them they said it was to late to do anything about him being a minor at the time. Thank you for your reply.

mistoffolees

>it was a clerk at the court house. She moved I think in Nov
>06. She refuses to allow him to see his daughter unless he
>gives her money. She is holding the baby as ransom. When we
>talked to them they said it was to late to do anything about
>him being a minor at the time. Thank you for your reply.

Then he needs to establish paternity. Since the BM won't cooperate, he's going to need to go to court to file for a parenting plan and custody - and the judge will undoubtedly order a paternity test. Once the judge orders it, the BM must cooperate.