Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Oct 18, 2024, 02:25:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cooperation!!!!

Started by MixedBag, Nov 09, 2007, 02:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

You could have knocked me over yesterday....imagine this:

EX#1 is going to assist in getting our son to the airport.  Well, "our son" is really from EX#2....and he's not EX#1's son at all.

This year, it's our son's turn to go spend Thanksgiving with his dad.  Dad bought the airline ticket and son is flying out Saturday from Atlanta.

Well, I always work on the weekend before Thanksgiving and the weekend after Thanksgiving, so getting our son to and from Atlanta and doing it myself is impossible -- and no, can't just not work to accomplish this my job doesn't work that way when it comes down to it.

BUT, I have support from my two girls, son's sisters, and MD(19) will take and pick up her brother...no big deal.  She can use my car, my gas money, etc...

Well, EX#1 is in town next week and MD said "Dad, I gotta run to Atlanta saturday morning."

Dad asked what for and said "Well, do you want me to drive?  Ask your mom if she minds and just give you the gas money and we'll take my rental car."

So MD called -- and I said "O.k." of course because goal is to get son to the airport to go see HIS dad.

It's not a fun drive, just over 5 hours round trip for drop offs and son is old enough to get himself to the gate now so they don't have to "go inside" and stuff....

I'm hoping Dad just wants the time with MD --- because if he's doing this because he thinks MD can't handle it and she figures that out, he's in for a world of hurt (I raised independent minded "I can do it" girls).

Still can't believe EX#1/Dad said he'd do it.

FLMom

And if you're like me, you're ducking and waiting for whatever shoe is going to drop next.

If it IS just for some quality time, more power to him!

Glad to hear I'm not the only one that's not taking Thanksgiving off. What I want is time on a barcolounger. . . make that a MASSAGING barcolounger and a spiked drink. In actuality, it's sore feet from an early AM workday.

Hey MB, there's always Christmas. Is this one yours this year?

MixedBag

No, it's actually dad's turn to have Christmas too.

No problem...

We used to alternate Thanksgiving/Christmas/Easter-Spring Break, BUT this summer when things changed.

It made more sense to let Dad always have Thanksgiving (because I work).  To balance, I always get Easter-Spring Break (which never happens at the same time as Dad's school district).

Then over Christmas, we alternate and I added a week actually, so this year it's dad's turn to have one week to include Christmas, and next year it will be one week to include New Years.  I never got New Years when I was NCP.....and this way, we'll never get a full week over Christmas because Dad will always take time that splits son's time here into two short periods.  But we're talking 4 more years.......

And the summer is split in half BUT half is only 5 weeks (not the 6 I used to get) due to the school schedule.  So that week over New Years makes up for that.  Did get dad to agree to the first 5 weeks (which includes Father's Day) so that I can PLAN something for the second 5 weeks.

And dad gets him one weekend a month to include any 3-day weekends available (I never got that third day off unless I took a 6-week day) but dad didn't do this for Aug, Sep, Oct.....makes you wonder.

Kicker is that I heard Camilla complain to EX out in the hallway before court that I get more time than they do -- and that's not true at all.  It's no different than when dad was CP only dad gets MORE time now as an NCP than I did.  One day.....cross your fingers and pray, whatever works.

He's paying reduced CS and airline tickets, and I think I went over that a bit lately on the CS page.  

Dad does call every once in a while -- and has a myspace account to do that, and gave son his e-mail address (which I'm not supposed to have, but I do).  

I send him what I think he needs as a dad which is way more than I ever got from him and am doing my best to get it right.  What's important is son is happy and doing well in school -- still has some catching up to do from when he was sick, but he'll get it done next week.

So Christmas will be spent with the grandbabys this year and my two girls and stuff....