Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 19, 2024, 07:35:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Changing my work schedule, need some advise?

Started by superdad01, Dec 10, 2007, 06:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superdad01

Hey I will be changing schedules next week at work. I was previously worked a 5am -130pm. Now the company informed us that we will be working 7am-330pm.

when my order was set I was working 3rd shift and child was not yet school age. I got her everyday in the morning.

When I changed shifts to 1st shift (to attempt to get overnights), I was refused and was shortchanged on my parenting time with the child by 40hrs per month. The foc determined that my change in shift did not qualify as a change in circumstance. NO idea on what a judge woiuld have thought.

We have nearly a daily parenting time schedule. So the court would notice that I am an involved father.

As with my current schedule I get our daugther nearly everday just not as early as I used to.

With my new schedule I would be reduced in parenting time even further and if I happen to work overtime which has been very consistant it will run me over, for example: 7am -5pm or 7pm. This would eliminate my parenting time for the day with our child.

I am looking for any advice regarding presenting an agreement with mother looking to continue consistent parenting time etc. I know she will fight overnights but there might be no other choice.

Does anyone think I would have good luck presenting this to a court and asking for overnights simply because my parenting time has been eliminated further and more quality parenting time could be achieved by retaining overnights.

Please forgive my writing. I am very exausted. Looking for answers.

mistoffolees

Seems to me that a judge would be more likely to consider a change from third to first shift as a significant change in circumstances than a two hour change in your shift. I would have filed when you went to 1st shift, but since it's too late for that, I'd file now.

Or, depending on how rational you think ex will be, tell her that you need to file but that it will be less expensive if you reach an agreement and then simply present it to the court for approval.

Sounds like your foc is not going to be much help.

peppier

It sounds like you need to take it back to court.  Unless there is something that we don't know you should have overnights.  

I would make a few suggestions and hope she would agree but if she balks, take it back to court.   You may end up with every other weekend and one week night which is pretty standard.