Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Oct 05, 2024, 03:51:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

My daughter and my girfriend in castody agreement.

Started by jacek, Aug 14, 2004, 07:45:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacek

My wife is forcing me to agree in our castody deal that "my girfriend shall not be present during my time with my daughter(for ever)." Off course I'm not going to introduce my girfriend to my daughter's life to soon.But we have plans to get married and I'd like to have my daughter with me in my new home. (if she'll want that) My wife hates  my girlfriend and either I agree to  that or there is no separation deal and she goes to war. Can this be changed inthe future?

Peanutsdad

First of all, if you havent signed it, dont.

Is it reciprocal? In other words, is she barred from EVER introducing a male suiter of hers?

A lot of court orders make provision for no overnight stays by unrelated adults . But make sure its reciprocal. Hence, if you get married, voila!, Suddenly your new wife IS related,, by marriage.

janM

I agree that they can stipulate no overnights, but what about just being around the gf, as this implies? That is nuts. You can have your daughter in anyone's company you choose as long as they are not a danger to her. The ex is just supremely jealous.

If she'll agree to no overnights till you're married, and if that's ok with you (both ways like PD said), fine. If she just doesn't want her around, take it to the judge.

Lawmoe

Do not agree!  She cannot force you.  Few courts would agree on that issue unless the significant other is a danger.  Seek a middle ground (no overnight visits).