Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 25, 2024, 11:44:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Still Fighting

Started by lookinnomore, Mar 31, 2005, 12:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lookinnomore

Have posted here before will give a brief overview of the situation before I ask the questions.

BM signed custody over to BD 5 years ago on Mothers day (go figure).  They have lived with us (BD and me the girlfriend) and mom  EOW visits and holidays they work out between themselves. All 5 of the kids in our house are thriving, his boys 14 and 12 play sports at school, are A B honor roll at school.

BM got married 6-8 months ago, (Change of Circumstance) and filed for custody.  We had our home study as she did also, then she moved again for the 6th time in 5 years.  The Guardian came out to the house and met the boys, sat in the floor of BD bedroom and talked to us for about an hour.  Guardian told us that there was NO way she could or would recommend a change of custody.  She is going to help BD attorney rewrite a more detailed visitation order and call BM attorney and tell him what the Guardian suggests.  The home study that was done in July still has not been filed with the court to our knowledge.

Now for the question, we fully expect BM to take this to trial reguardless of what her lawyer is told, what does she really have to lose right?  What are the chances that the Judge would go against the Guardian?  

Can't believe in Virginia a father really can win a custody battle against even the saddest of mothers.

Thanks for your help!

janM

So many women think they achieve sainthood when they get (re)married and think that it's a change in circumstances. It is...hers, not the kids, and that's what counts. Nothing has changed for the worse - or better - in their lives, except getting a step-parent.

I would hope that the judge would not change something that's working so well. I hope this is resolved soon.