Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 20, 2024, 11:36:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Question about CS and stopping it

Started by SBANJP, Jul 13, 2006, 09:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SBANJP

My husband now has his daughter (my sd) living with us permanently.  BM has agreed to this because sd wants to stay here.  Now BM says she can stay but she wants to continue to get CS from my husband.  

I am very ignorant on these issues, and we/he have an appt with a lawyer on Wednesday to discuss it, but what are the chances that sd will stay here and we have to continue paying CS to BM?

SBANJP

If the proposed change in residence goes through, she will be with mother every other weekend, 6 weeks in the summer and alternating holidays.  

Sherry1

the visitation schedule is factored in.  Unless your DH makes a huge amount of money and she does not, then he will not have to continue to pay CS if the child is living with you.  She might be court ordered to make CS payments to your DH!  It all has to do with CS guidelines in your states.  If you "google" the state you are in, i.e.,

Texas Child Support Calculator

You should be led to a site that will allow you to plug in your DH's income, her income and the parenting time she will have the child and then find out what CS should be for him, her or neither one of them.

SBANJP

Thank you very much.  I found the Indiana child support calculator, and it would appear she would have to pay CS, but my dh does not want the money, so he is not asking for it.

Sherry1

living with us... our BM is so pathetic that we didn't bother even trying to collect CS from her.

Good luck!

MixedBag

due to the schedule you mentioned....sounds like the situation is long distance.

take a closer look at the IN code to see if CS can be reduced due to transportation expenses.

Many judges won't allow even an agreement where one parent keeps the child and the other gets money.

Maybe she'll agree to convert what she receives into calling it temporary alimony....since BM seems to be focused on the money.

just tossing out ideas.