Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 21, 2024, 03:40:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

difficult visitaion issues/parental alienation

Started by hopeful1, Jan 21, 2013, 06:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopeful1

Hi, I have a particularly complex situation.  I am recently divorced with joint custody of my 14 year old son.    The divorce was contentious, with my ex wife turning my 18 and 14 year old againest me through parental alienation.   I was accused of abuse when things started going bad during the divorce when my ex lost her job.  A GAL was hired and early on wanted a physc. eval of my ex but we did not pursue it for cost reasons.   I am supposed to see my son every Sunday for a three hour visitation which started ok but now he is refusing to even get out of the car.   We are also working with a reunification therapist weekly who my son is also now refusing to participate in.    At our last court appearance, the judge chastised my ex and lectured her at length.   The judge also told my exs attorney that she might order and eval and that she has taken kids from their mothers before.  We are scheduled f to report back to court soon and I am very discouraged as to what avenues the legal system has to force a 14 year old into visitations and therapy if he does not want to.    The GAL has been less that helpful throughout the process.     I would appreciate any advice....

MixedBag

Read Divorce Poison -- get a copy at Amazon.com or Ebay.com