Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 20, 2024, 06:23:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

what to do

Started by mavrik9475, Jul 17, 2007, 02:02:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mavrik9475

i was a stay at home dad 2 year when i was divorced she was working at her career i was the daycare then at the divorce i had no money for a lawyer yet she did and her and her lawyer told me they had a simple plan while me and her had agreed to split our thing between us and we were still friends or so i thought i signed the papers her lawyer said it would cost me nothing i didnt even need to go to court this way well being not to smart and still thinking that she was my friend i signed them well we were divorced i moved out a year later like i said we were friends still then the shots started when she moved 80 miles away with my kids i get a letter saying i owed over 1000.00$ in support already and haddent even been told there was any support her and i talked it over and we were going to rais our boys together splitting the costs well it turns out her and her lawyer set the support amount to an amount ive never even earned becouse they think i can make that with a few jobs well i was a stay at home dad till i moved out having no job at all so i called the support lady to talk about this that was a mistake she yelled at me telling me she wont even talk to me untill im all paid up so now im just building up the payments becouse being partially disabled finding a job to pay enough money to just cover the support is almost impossiable so if anyone has any great ideas i would love to hear them thanks

escape2paradise

Just so you know, you've gotten no response as your info is unreadable.  Try proper punctuation, capitalization, paragraphs etc....

backwardsbike

Even though I am sure the other poster is being "helpful" I see you still didn't get any advice and possibly all youhave gottenis a bad tase in your mouth.

I am willing to offer some advice to you.  If you did not have a child support hearing with discovery, which means that you were asked for copies of your income, tax returns etc then i fail to see how an amount for support can be set in the first place.

It sounds to me like you don't have the $$$ for an attorney.  FI this is the case, I suggest that you look in the community pages of your local phone book and look up resources that offer free or very low cost legal services.  Try calling your county bar association to see if they have a list of lawyers who do Pro Bono work, that means they work for free.

It looks to me like you need some support as your X appears to have blindsided you.  Don't allow that to happen again.  Find the help you need.  Good luck to you. I hope you will come back and post again.  Also, try reading on this site in the articles section of the board- you may find some useful information there.

mavrik9475

im thankful for your advise and as for posting again probably not i came here for help not a lesson on proper grammer i stated im not that smart and the first response was to critiaze and belittle me about my spelling that was very helpful let me tell ya

mistoffolees

It may not have appeared to be helpful, but it was good advice. When your post is essentially unreadable, people are not going to spend hours trying to figure out what you're saying.

Surely you know how to use periods and start sentences with capital letters. You don't have to be a genius to do that. No one expects perfect grammar, but you're going to find your life to be much easier (as well as getting more advice here) if you at least make SOME effort to make your writing readable.

escape2paradise

I didn't mean to ridicule you.  I was only wanting to impart the sames as Mistoffolees suggested.