Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 05, 2024, 02:41:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Grrrrrrr...

Started by hisliltulip, Jun 09, 2004, 11:15:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hisliltulip

This is an article I found on one of my local radio station websites.  

Needless to say, I sent an email to them...)(

Child Support Collection Report
Posted Tuesday, June 8, 2004

Wxxxx County, MN fared pretty well in the latest child support collection self-assessment review. County Human Services Director Cxxx Bxxxx said the latest review was completed in January.

The head of the Child Support Collection Program, Gxxx Cxxxx, says the county complied with state standards in six of nine categories and has olutlined corrective actions for the other three.

Bxxxxx says the assessment was important because Wxxxx County handles a lot of cases and a lot of money in one year from deadbeat dads which is turned over to families who need it. The board unanimously approved the report and the corrective actions.

Here is a copy of the email I sent to them...

Child Support Collection Report
Posted Tuesday, June 8, 2004

"Bxxxx says the assessment was important because Wxxxx County handles a lot of cases and a lot of money in one year from deadbeat dads which is turned over to families who need it."

The sentence above is so sexist I find it appalling.  It also is misleading.

I personally use the county to collect child support from my ex-Husband.  Just because a Father pays childsupport through the county, does not make him a deadbeat Dad.  My son's Father has never been seriously overdue on his support.  

On another note, my current Husband has physical custody of his small son.  The child's Mother is currently five months behind in child support.  Does this make her a "deadbeat DAD"?

There are Fathers and Mothers who do not support their children financially.  Just as there are Fathers and Mothers who do.

hisliltulip

janM

My son has custody of his boy. In January 2003 he filed for CS. This February our (Ohio) county's CSEA took her to court for non-payment and she was found in contempt and given a month to start paying or face a month in jail and fines. During that month they ordered her to attend a work program, which she reported to on the last day (deadline). She is still not working last we heard.

I hear ya.

sweetnsad

Yeah, good for you hisliltulip....it just burns me to hear that it's only men that get the short end of the stick...there are plenty of women out there as well that neglect to pay child support...why is it always a "man's issue"???