Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 28, 2024, 05:11:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

False restaining order warrant

Started by raywagg, Apr 25, 2004, 04:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raywagg

How do I deal with False claims of violating a TRO?  I have a warrant with the city that I have to turn my self in for. I live in a different state and did not in any way violate any order. Why do I have to sit in jail for three days while they investigate me and pay a bond of $1000.00? Oh yeah by the way I have to prove my where abouts with out knowing I had to show that I didn't violate anything and cant find out when where & how I voilated the TRO until I turn my self in. Luckily I found out before the court date so I wouldn't have to be arrested in front of the court and my family.

socrateaser

This is the WORST part of modern family law. The TROs give the protected party the ability to have the restrained party arrested on nothing more than that party's statement that the TRO is violated.

You need a cohoberating witness to testify that you were not where the other party claims, at the time you are alleged to have violated the order.

You could also offer to submit to a polygraph exam. The other party would have to agree to allow the evidence in, but if you offer it, and the other party objects, the judge will immediately realize that you are telling the truth and that the other party is lying, because, as I frequently comment, "Almost no one can beat the machine."

The good news is that if you win this little skirmish, the other party will be in BIIIIIIG trouble, and she/he will almost certainly be spending some time in the slammer.