Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 19, 2024, 03:39:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Educational records

Started by backwardsbike, Feb 08, 2005, 01:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwardsbike

Dear Soc,

Hello again.  You have given me excellent advice in the past.  I am back for more of your wisdom.

All parties in PA.  I am NCP mom.  Children are 15 year old son and 12 year old daughter.  We have a long history of PAS behavior on part of CP.  Also CP has not provided any educational info for the last 7 years.  My attorney claimed instead of a contempt motion I just get the infor from thr schools.  We have joint legal custody so this usually works.

Two weeks ago report cards came out.  I usually get a copy in the mail from the school about three or four days after students receive them. This time I got an emailed copy from CP three days after report cards sent home. I am not sure what prompted this devaition from the norm.  

I called the school to schedule a meeting to go over son's permenant record and mentioned to the guidence counselor that I had not received a copy of report card.  She said she'd get one out to me.  Lo and behold I received it in the mail that day.  A full week after report cards were issued.

There were a number of differeces in the emailed copy from CP and the copy from the school.  First, the form was completely different.  Second there was a handwritten note from a teacher on the copy from CP that didn't appear on copy from school.  Third, there were numerical comment codes ( without a key).  The code on copy from school was different from code on copy emailed by CP.  All grades and teachers names were the same.  Date of issue was listed on both copies and was the same.

Questions:

1.  Must the school send me an actual copy of the same report card sent to CP?

socrateaser

>1.  Must the school send me an actual copy of the same report
>card sent to CP?

The school must send you a true copy of the report card that is retained in the school's records. Apparently the school wants to keep a clean copy.

backwardsbike

Hi Soc,

Thanks for your reply.  I understand the school may want to keep a "clean" copy.  But the comment code is typed onto the report card and is different on my copy and dad's copy.

socrateaser

>Hi Soc,
>
>Thanks for your reply.  I understand the school may want to
>keep a "clean" copy.  But the comment code is typed onto the
>report card and is different on my copy and dad's copy.

School's copy is the permanent record.