Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jul 04, 2024, 09:29:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Harrassment?

Started by Liz, Jan 23, 2006, 05:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liz

I am going to try to do this very quickly.

My court order states I have liberal phone contact with my DD. I use that to contact her one time per night. My court order originates in Maryland.

Recently my ex discovered I was talking to his 2nd ex wife and his ex  g/f. He sent me a message saying I was not to contact either of these, nor contact him, or his family.

Tonight I contacted my daughter as usual and I was screamed at by her, telling me that her father told me I am not to call. She also proceeded to call me some nasty names which we wont go into here.

1. My question is if I have a court order that states liberal phone contact can I contact her, 1 time per night without getting slapped with harrassment charges?

I would assume not, but I have learned you dont assume anything.

socrateaser

>1. My question is if I have a court order that states liberal
>phone contact can I contact her, 1 time per night without
>getting slapped with harrassment charges?

If your daugher wants a restraining order, she can ask for one. You'll then need to show that it is without merit, but this all begs the question as to why the daughter is so angry with you.

You don't need to tell me, but you need to resolve it with her. I'd ask her to go to dinner with you and try to talk it out. Under the circumstances, it may be better to just apologize to your daughter, even if you've done nothing wrong.