Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 21, 2024, 12:57:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Garnishment question....

Started by dipper, May 15, 2006, 05:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

Soc,

BM works for relatives.  I have previously filed two garnishments at that employer and they were paid, though the amounts were very questionable.

Last week a garnishment was due and nothing has showed up.  When the clerk called the place on Friday, bm was working and did not answer the phone - message was not answered.

Today, clerk called and BM wasnt there...so, she got a person and the lady said the office manager wasnt there.  

Now, the owner of the place signed for the garnishment summons.  I am looking at filing a show cause tomorrow.  Now, this happened before for an out of state employer and I had to summons their representative.  This employer is in Virginia....

Do I simply file for not following the order or can I also request they bring proof of her wages dating back a year so that the questionable amounts can be checked out as well?

socrateaser

>Do I simply file for not following the order or can I also
>request they bring proof of her wages dating back a year so
>that the questionable amounts can be checked out as well?

If you want them to appear with documentation, you will need to serve them a separate subpoena duces tecum, unless as part of your show cause, you request the extra documents be brought to the hearing, and the judge signs off on your request (this could happen, so ask for it).