Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Sep 22, 2024, 07:29:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

parenting evaluation process

Started by sir_richard, May 17, 2006, 10:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sir_richard

Soc,

First I'd like to say you have a nice service you provide here. I as well as others I'm sure are greatful.

My situation at hand has me seriously concidering a physical custody battle. Found this site doing some research, joined and read some of your previous advice. I liked what I saw and read so I thought I would pose a few starter questions that I had.

1. I'm very interested in doing the parenting evaluation process. Showed it to my lawyer and she said it would be a good idea but the court/judge will have the final say in the decision. Kinda dashed my hopes a little bit but what are the real world possibilities of it being reversed? Yes, I'm assuming I will be chosen as the better parent.

2. We all want to do right by our kids no matter what the $cost but we all live in the real world and money is a factor. Since it suggests I pay for both to get the best chance at positive results, what is or would be the approximate cost for 2 of those evaluations? Or a place to find that info.

Thanks in advance for your help!

New Yorker but not the city.

socrateaser

>1. I'm very interested in doing the parenting evaluation
>process. Showed it to my lawyer and she said it would be a
>good idea but the court/judge will have the final say in the
>decision. Kinda dashed my hopes a little bit but what are the
>real world possibilities of it being reversed? Yes, I'm
>assuming I will be chosen as the better parent.

I can't possibly assess your chances of success without reading the facts of your case, so as to determine if those facts produce a substantial change of circumstances affecting the child(ren)'s best interests.

You haven't provided any facts, so I can't comment further until/unless you do.

>2. We all want to do right by our kids no matter what the
>$cost but we all live in the real world and money is a factor.
>Since it suggests I pay for both to get the best chance at
>positive results, what is or would be the approximate cost for
>2 of those evaluations? Or a place to find that info.

$2,500 - $5,000, which would probably include the cost of your attorney reviewing the report and discussing it with you.