Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 02:44:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

sex offender....

Started by wallyworld, Dec 01, 2006, 08:34:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallyworld

it appears as if my ex has the fancy's for a businessman that makes a lot of money (250,000+).  Therefore she obviously won't worry about court costs...  

Im in IL she is in FL.  FL holds jurisdiction for custody and visitation.

Well, it appears as if the new flame is a registered sex offender.  He is listed on the fl website.  It says the charge was for:  LEWD,LASCIVIOUS CHILD U/16; F.S. 800.04 (PRINCIPAL)

They are NOT residing together (yet).  

1.  What are the chances the judge would award me physical custody due to his background?

2.  Does it matter if they live together or if they are just "seeing" each other.  

3.  Does it matter that the new guy was charged and pled nolo and adjunication to this was withheld to this when he was 19 (youthful?)?

socrateaser

>1.  What are the chances the judge would award me physical
>custody due to his background?

If your ex were to reside with this person, I'd say your chances are good. Until then, you could get a restraining order against having the children in proximity of this person -- which would probably prevent a cohabiting relationship.

>
>2.  Does it matter if they live together or if they are just
>"seeing" each other.  

Yes, it makes all the difference as far as a custody action goes, because living together would operate as an affirmative act by the other parent against the children's interests. Whereas just dating may not (or it may -- depends on the exact facts).

>
>3.  Does it matter that the new guy was charged and pled nolo
>and adjunication to this was withheld to this when he was 19
>(youthful?)?

Nope. Choice of partner relevant to the fitness of the other parent to act as child custodian, and no contest is as good as guilty for the purposes of admitting the conviction into evidence.