Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 07:45:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Medical appointments

Started by Crockpot, Dec 27, 2006, 01:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crockpot

I share legal custody of my two daughters, I am NCP.  My oldest has issues with her teeth and had several cavities filled this last year.  The dentist said to follow up in six months.  It's been eight months and CP has not made follow up appointment.  

1.  If I make the dentist appointment with the intention of bringing her there myself, do I have to do it during my parenting time?  

2. If no, what do I need to provide CP and/or authorities to have my daughter 'released' to me.

Thanks.

socrateaser

>1.  If I make the dentist appointment with the intention of
>bringing her there myself, do I have to do it during my
>parenting time?  

No, but the other parent can refuse to take the child, and unless you inform her of the appointment ahead of time and obtain her consent to bring the child to the appointment, you will be unable to obtain compensation if you are billed by the dentist for a missed appointment..

>2. If no, what do I need to provide CP and/or authorities to
>have my daughter 'released' to me.

If you have joint legal custody, you can make a decision concerning he child's health, such as scheduling a dentist appointment, but you can't make the decision and then force the other parent to comply without a court order. This effectively means that you must (1) get permission from the court to make the appointment and take the child, (2) get consent from the other parent to take the child during that parent's parenting time, or (3) make the appointment during your parenting time.