Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 03:54:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

How to stop dor

Started by jenjen, Jan 20, 2007, 11:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenjen

Hello socrateaser

state of florida

My daughter lived with her dad and then came to me for about a year child support was ordered for 100.00 a month for about 8 t0 9 months as daughter was turning 18 and graduating

at the child support hearing the state tryed to claim that my daughter had recieved assist. and had been in some type of state payed day care, this never happened and I testified that day that my daughter was never in such a program and that her dad payed the cost for her day care at a private school

The judge rolled her eyes and became (I'll just say disturbed/annoyed rather than angry) and looked at me as if i was stupid or something

After the hearing the attorney for the state asked me why i did that and said that i could have gotten more money, i replyed because it's not true
and at the time i kinda looked down on that sort of thing (receiving assist) especially disrepecting my daughters father like that ,he's a great parent

when final orders came there was an order to pay me approx. 6000.00 dollars along with the 100.00 a month. there is no basis for the 6000.00 dollars and the order reads to be payed to the cust. parent (me)

the dapt of revenue has been garnishing his wages and it's time for it to stop but, they claim i'm intitled to the 5000.00 remaining bal. (which I am not). there giving me a hard time stopping the garnishment.

questions:

1. Could I type up an affidavit or something stating that I have been payed in full and there services are no longer needed and submit this to them and the court or maybe give it to my x so he could get this stopped?

2. if the answer to #1 is yes do you know how I could word it and how to format it?

as always thanks in advance....

socrateaser

>Hello socrateaser
>
>
>state of florida
>
>
>My daughter lived with her dad and then came to me for about a
>year child support was ordered for 100.00 a month for about 8
>t0 9 months as daughter was turning 18 and graduating
>
>at the child support hearing the state tryed to claim that my
>daughter had recieved assist. and had been in some type of
>state payed day care, this never happened and I testified that
>day that my daughter was never in such a program and that her
>dad payed the cost for her day care at a private school
>
>The judge rolled her eyes and became (I'll just say
>disturbed/annoyed rather than angry) and looked at me as if i
>was stupid or something
>
>After the hearing the attorney for the state asked me why i
>did that and said that i could have gotten more money, i
>replyed because it's not true
>and at the time i kinda looked down on that sort of thing
>(receiving assist) especially disrepecting my daughters father
>like that ,he's a great parent
>
>when final orders came there was an order to pay me approx.
>6000.00 dollars along with the 100.00 a month. there is no
>basis for the 6000.00 dollars and the order reads to be payed
>to the cust. parent (me)
>
>the dapt of revenue has been garnishing his wages and it's
>time for it to stop but, they claim i'm intitled to the
>5000.00 remaining bal. (which I am not). there giving me a
>hard time stopping the garnishment.
>
>
>questions:
>
>1. Could I type up an affidavit or something stating that I
>have been payed in full and there services are no longer
>needed and submit this to them and the court or maybe give it
>to my x so he could get this stopped?

Why not just send him a check every time you receive a payment, and leave it at that. Or, if you want to save on postage, you can probably arrange for a free bill payment service with your bank (Washington Mutual has this). They will cut an electronic check and it won't cost you .39 cents to mail it.

Or, he could cut a check to the state for the remaining arrears ($5K). Then when the state sends you the money, you just send it right back. That will clear the account of arrears.

>
>
>2. if the answer to #1 is yes do you know how I could word it
>and how to format it?

I think you're trying to do this the hard way. If you don't clear the state's account, they will try to stop you from what you're trying to accomplish, because the state gets matching federal funds for collecting child support. For $5K, the state would get ~$750. Better to do what I'm suggesting in #1 above.

jenjen

he cannot afford to pay me the total and he (we) need to get this off his credit report  we have an opportunity to make some serious money but, nothin happens until this is resolved, spoke with family, friends but, can only tell them so much about our opportunity, very very private matter

socrateaser

>he cannot afford to pay me the total and he (we) need to get
>this off his credit report  we have an opportunity to make
>some serious money but, nothin happens until this is resolved,
>spoke with family, friends but, can only tell them so much
>about our opportunity, very very private matter

If it seems too good to be true -- it usually is.