Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 12:27:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

visitation

Started by raymi, Feb 02, 2007, 12:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymi

Dear Soc-

Your advice to some of the questions asked recently has really taught me a lot and I want to say thanks again for all. You really blew me away with all the info about insurance.

My question is about visitation.

I am the NCP and the case is in MN.

The court ordered visitation is written as, "the child shall be delivered to and returned to the home of XXXX XXXXXX, the grandmother of the child."

I am the father. The drop off and pick up are at my mom's house. The order does not state that the mother shall drop off my daughter to me, just where. Part of this is because we were trying to avoid seeing each other to avoid conflict. I do not have any legal or physical custody as of yet.

I live over two hours away from the drop off/pick up site. Lately the CP has been again denying visitation and I am working on another contempt motion.

Do I have to be present for the CP to drop off my daughter at my mom's house. Of course my mom would be present?

Can my mom call the police when the CP doesn't arrive to file the report that the CP didn't drop of my daughter?

thanks for the help.

socrateaser

>Do I have to be present for the CP to drop off my daughter at
>my mom's house. Of course my mom would be present?

If you don't have any custody rights, then all you have is visitation which is personal to you alone, therefore you must do all the picking up and dropping off, personally.

>Can my mom call the police when the CP doesn't arrive to file
>the report that the CP didn't drop of my daughter?

No. The burden is entirely on you until you are granted custody rights.