Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 03:12:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

UPDATE #2-- whatcha think???? Signed document...

Started by wallyworld, Apr 20, 2007, 05:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallyworld

MixedBag

She has time to appeal this decision.

That's what I think.

If she doesn't, the order stands.

that's when I would start celebrating for your child!

mistoffolees

While it's certainly good news, I would hold off a bit on the celebration.

If I remember the facts of the case correctly, she did NOT agree to IL having jurisdiction and she specified that she only agreed with you having custody on a temporary basis.

Now, she might just let it go, but she could also appeal it on the grounds that the court did not properly interpret the document. If I'm remembering the facts correctly, she'd be able to make a pretty good case. Furthermore, she could probably challenge it in FL and might be able to make a good case that FL still has jurisdiction because the child has not been out of state for 6 months and she specifically did NOT give up jurisdiction.

However, the very good part of it is that with this document, you are now within your rights to keep the child with you until the 6 month period has elapsed - and it would then become a moot point. You should make sure that the child does not leave the state until you're past 6 months and have the mother visit the child in IL.

ocean

I think NO Trips until the 6 month mark and get custody in your state. Even that will not stop her from keeping her there but at least it will state perm custody and remove juristiction from her home state. She will then have to file near you.

Sunshine1

Ok, I missed it...what happened? PM me!  :)