Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:16:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hey Soc

Started by skye, Jul 01, 2007, 07:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skye

How do I go about collecting moms share of medical bills.?

I have paid the bills in full and given her copies of the reciepts and she says that is not proof...what do I need to give her or have I already done what I need to do ?

this is in the state of Virginia

Jade

>How do I go about collecting moms share of medical bills.?
>
>I have paid the bills in full and given her copies of the
>reciepts and she says that is not proof...what do I need to
>give her or have I already done what I need to do ?
>
>this is in the state of Virginia

Reciepts are enough proof of the medical cost.  

You will probably need to take her to court.  

Now, the question is:  Did you give her your only copy of the receipts?  If so, you may be out of luck.  Because the courts are going to want to see proof.  And I highly doubt she will provide the receipts for the judge to look at.  

If you only gave her copies, bring the originals to court and show them to the judge.  

mistoffolees

Even if you gave her originals, go back to the medical providers and ask for duplicate bills. Most of them will do that.

jilly

Skye:  Soc is no longer on the board.  See the first post titled "Socrateaser Information".

Just didn't want you to think that the replies from Jade and Mist is legal advice.

hoosierpapa4

Also may wish to whip together an AFFIDAVIT OF BUSINESS RECORDS CUSTODIAN as proof that they are part of what would normally be kept as a record of their business and have it witnessed by another person in their office.  If you need to see what one looks like, I can send one to you off-list.