Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 12:41:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Started by I cry_ in_the_dark, Feb 18, 2005, 01:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olanna

Better late than never! This too will pass and soon be forgotten.  I hope you had a good weekend.

:)

Stepmom0418

The thing is that her son did not even know the details of the party. It is a sad situation when parents cant seem to communicate but I do not see anyway that this is the childs fault. The child is just that, a child, and should not have to be involved in adult issues.

I cry_ in_the_dark

Thankyou Stepmom, you are exactly right.

While my daughter is usually very good about letting me know things way in advance, (The dance issue was not her fault. My X threw at her that I must pick her up or she couldn't go.) my son really doesn't have the capability. He is ADHD and basically lives hour to hour. I have my doubts that he could tell you what time he starts school in the morning, much less what time a party is next week.

My son had an appointment with his psychologist 2 days before the party. I sat in a waiting room for 15 minutes with this "man". Did he advise me of the party? NO!

I have on several occasions sent letters to the X advising him that he needs to contact me in advance regarding any activity that our children might have during my visitation. I have full documentation in recorded phone calls that the ONLY time my X will contact me about anything is when it is beneficial to him. And usually that is only when he needs a babysitter. These phone calls also show that I am repeatedly advised at the last minute of things during my visitation time.

Is there anything the courts can do to stop this? I doubt it. It is my children, my son mostly, that are suffering. He doesn't see it that way. He sees it as hurting me.  All I can do is continue my documenting.

Stepmom0418

Continue to document. Also continue to record calls. Another thing I would suggest is to send yet another letter explaining why it is so important for ex to inform you of things that are going to interfeer on your visitation so that you can prepare for them in advance. When sending the letter i always suggest to send it certified with return reciept. Dont get me wrong....after a ton of letters are sent this way it gets quite costly......but in the end it is well worth the money spent.

I am very glad to see that you see that this is NOT your sons fault. I am a firm believer that children should not be put in the middle of adult situations!

I cry_ in_the_dark

Yes, I  always do.

In addition, I cc the letter to the clerk of courts to be put into my file ;-)

Stepmom0418

That seemed to help in DH's case.

Well we hope it did.......still pending a decision. BM did try to say that nothing was in the envelopes she signed for. The judge asked her "Do you think DH would send an empty envelope, and pay over $200.00 in the past year doing so?" BM answered "no probally not" That was the end of that. (LOL)