Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 30, 2024, 12:45:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

custody and back child support

Started by mommie2trev, Feb 04, 2004, 05:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mommie2trev

My dh got custody of his three year old son last January. It started off as temp custody in January and ended in permant custody in March. At that time my husband owed 5000. in back child support. When we recieved custody(my ss was taken into custody by DHS for alleged abuse and drug abuse by the bm) the judge did not order for the bm to pay child support. So now she has the title of mom without the responsibility. She calls maybe once a month or so. Didn't send him anything for his b'day or for christmas. Not even a card.Hasn't seen him in almost a year. The case was in Arkansas and we live in Georgia. The Bm now lives in Tennessee.

They are taking our taxes as payment for the back child support.But we are still getting calls daily for the child support clearing house. They want to know when we will be making a payment. we are trying to raise a three year old on a very limited income.We can not afford to send them money and pay everything else too. We called the Arkansas office(where the order originated) and was told that the judge who awarded us custody but no child support screwed us. That she had never heard of them awarding custody without the ncp paying cs.

My questions are:
1. What do we do now? We have no money for an attorney.
2. Can we get cs from the bm? She has no job and can not keep one.
3.After taxes this year we will only owe about 2000. What can they do to us about not sending them a monthly payment?

Sorry this is so long. Just really need some answers. I am about to pull my hair out.We have bent over backwards to make things easier on the bm and she still doesn't have a care in the world.

VeronicaGia

You need to get the order modified asking that you be relieved of your obligation of support to her since you've had custody for a year, and asking for support.