Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 05:41:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

HELP...GETTING SCREWED BY TX AG/CSE

Started by DLO_FL, Aug 31, 2004, 01:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLO_FL

PLEASE HELP...

TX CSE sends a statement saying we owe $3849.00 in retro/arrears, and WE DON'T... We are in FL, our support goes to TX AG/cse, the DOR here closed the child support case, so basically we can't go to our local CSE office for help in straiting this out. The state of FL only controls the order and TX just collects through wage garnishment...

How do we go about fighting this issue with these people when they won't send the payment history that we've requested since July 19th on 6 different occasions to try and figure out where they are coming off with this number. Just yesterday, we recieve one showing 4 weeks only, knowing dam well we wanted the WHOLE thing and WHY...When the order began in 2000 retro was set at $12,566.40, but in tax returns ALONE, we've paid in $11,756.00, not counting $1040 yearly towards the retro balance.

These people won't answer our questions, but said our case was referred to a caseworker which was a LIE, a cse worker said just last week, nope, no record for a review -- and since we were given a name of a caseworker, we've been calling and calling and get no return calls, letter, nothing. In another words, if there is indeed a caseworker, they are planning to review what?!
THEIR RECORD!

Anyway, in April we've sent in by certified mail - our check stubs showing DEDUCTIONS, they say it's not sufficient proof, BS!
Apparently, MORE payments are missing and NOT credited...and
We are getting NO where...who can we contact...is there a office in charge of TX AG, or what? Any advise on what to do?

Our support is set to end on July 7, 2005, and we were told we can't end current support until this is paid or staraitened out,
is this true?

TIA

KAT

Are you sending your requests for an *AUDIT* of the account certified as well? Depending, they could be sued....once you answer, I don't mind helping your reserach.

You should also pull your husbands credit history immediately to see what they have listed. In most states (and it might even be federal) they only have a certain number of days to update with the credit agencies. Failure to do so..another lawsuit. I ..well Mr. KAT threatened VA c/s/e with one, you never saw people jump so fast in your life. We got a letter (APOLOGY!) back BEFORE the little green card. HA!

Congratulations on your count down by the way, we still have until Sept 2005. I can't see how they can contiue current support over the age of emancipation, but they can contiue the arrears coming in. You are very right to address this matter NOW. You know you'll never see a dime back from bio.

I think in the end you *might* have to file against them in court & let a judge figure it out. You (hubby) can probably file & then appear by phone though it would really be better to attend.

KAT

DLO_FL

I am writing one right now and sending it certified and also requesting a review. So, if they don't send it, we can threaten to sue?! Do you know his rights on having his file reviewed and getting credit on payments already made.

Also, My dh had a downward modification and the judge deviated from the guidelines lowering support even more due to BM's total lack of cooperation and interference with visitation. Tx was suppose to deduct retro-actively back to March 5th, and they didn't do that either.  Anything you know of, that we can do about that?

I'm off to check his credit report, thanks.

KAT

Kiddo, we will have to search deep in your state's family law,  in order to make sure they follow guidelines...no problem, just some work. Most of them just do NOT know...and really, I can't blame THEM, but the STATE for lack of training. But then again, if you actually train your workers in THE LAW the state loses Federal Funding for the collection of child support. How many people you think actually go with what they are told by the workers instead of investigating on their own like you did (and me before your eh? ) Our c/s/e worker had NO dingdang idea until I sent her what I call *THE RULES*. AKA *THE LAW*. Mr. KAT had 26,000 in arrears wiped clean within 2 weeks. I just do NOT stand for this bull...stuff and will help anyone I can.
Send the first letter as we search okay? :) I'm not sure how much FL is involved. Heck, send them one too. Paper trails, you just can't beat that with anything!! It's not going to be easy, but heck I would  NOT pay another dollar more then I owed in support because the state can't get their act together. FIGHT. I will help as I can okay? It might take time. It did with Mr.KAT, but once we figure it out, it was done deal!! YES!
KAT

DLO_FL

Thanks Kat for taking the time to respond to me and for pointing us in the right direction; your advice has been well taken and we appreciate it. We've checked dh's credit report too, and although it shows up that a judgement was against him, how much he owes isn't listed. Arrgh.

Anyway, I know we're in for a Lo-o-o-ng haul but I've got my fingers crossed that once we get dh's file, we'll be able to figure out this mess without having to "illegally" repay it or hiring an attorney, (which ever is cheaper). We're not with paying another dime that we don't owe either, so we'll see where that path takes us.

Oh and Thanks for sharing what both you and Mr. Kat went through and how it turned out. I like your "take charge" attitude and talking to you has gave me a little hope and has calmed me down ALOT, I so  needed that. BTW, Congrats on your countdown too - 2005, here we come!

jilly

I don't have any answers for you, but I believe I recently read an article that Texas CSE was being investigated because of crap like this. The Governor is VERY pissed off at these people. Might want to do some research and see what you can find.
Good luck!

Kitty C.

In that case, contacting the Governor's office may not be a bad idea.......

Letting the 'powers that be' know what's going on can lend heat from the top down, so to speak.  Know what I mean???
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......