Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 04:43:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Payment of Current Child Support Owed Plus Regular Payment

Started by jilly, Sep 01, 2004, 11:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jilly

Ok...I'm so mad steam is coming out of my ears! x(
I just called NCCSE to see what needs to be done to pay current amount owed along with regular payment. The response I got? They can't give me that information!! They either need to talk to DH or he needs to be on the phone with me!!! How freakin idiotic is that??!! It's not like it's confidential information!! All I want to do is send them a freakin payment!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ok...with that off my chest...LOL...is there anybody in North Carolina that can answer this question?  Through the automated system I was able to ascertain current support owed is $29.67.  Past due support owed is $,1,278.79 (due to modification last year). His weekly CS payment is $135.00.  Do I write a check for $164.67 or do I write two separate checks?

If anybody else has done this please let me know what you did! Thanks!

P.S. Do you think DH will get in trouble because I told the lady on the phone that this was the most idiotic thing I've ever heard and that the State sucks??!!!

ocean

Hi,
I had the same problem too. Does your state have a website that you can go to see payments and mounts due? Ours does so it is a little easier keeping track but we needed to wait for a password to be mailed to us so it took some time. You can write one check. What ever amount it left after the week will just be taken off the arrears.

KAT

You should have told her you had a POA (power of attorney) to address all of your husbands issues. Works for me! I wouldn't worry about your husband getting into trouble, this is child support enforcement after all so you can imagine the things they've been told.
Just send in one check. Try to pay this off ASAP because it's going to affect your husbands credit. In addition, you don't want to end up paying the custodial parent 10% interest on top of the arrears right?
Also, in say 6 months I highly recommend you send them a certified letter requesting an audit of the account then compare them to your records. It's the only way to keep this mess from getting out of control.
Now, it's 5:03...Miller time here in VA!
Cheers!
KAT

wendl

You can also have your dh write a letter authorizing you to act on his behalf and inform and discuss his cs case with you.

Also look to see if you have online access for your cs office, we do and it's great.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

jilly

LOL...ok...I'm breathing! LOL

I just wrote one check for everything and mailed it on my way in to work this morning.  I called the local Clerk of Court office and they were more than happy to oblige me. :D

NC does have a website where you can register to keep track of your payments, etc.  DH had an ID/password at one time but neither one of us can remember what it is! LOL Man, we're sad cases! LOL  I've tried to get DH to call CSE to reset it so we can re-register but he doesn't see the need for it. GRRRRR  One of these days I'll wear him down! LOL

Thanks for the response! :)

jilly

Thanks for the response Kat.  I've already sent a check so they should have it next week sometime. With my luck I wouldn't even have any luck saying I have a POA. LOL
As far as our credit goes, DH's credi was shot when I met him because of PBFH. We had to file Chapter 7 last year and that was discharged the beginning of this year so I'm not even going to worry about that. We just do what we can do and the rest goes back in the folder until next time. Anyway, we can't go anywhere but up from here! LOL
Got 11 years to go before CS ends for SD and 14 years to go on SS. Plus, we have a 2 year old. I'm never going to be able to retire! LOL

jilly

The letter is a good idea. Course that's no guarantee they'll talk to me. We all know that CSE makes up the rules as they go along.

KAT

How about it? Nothing wrong with it. It appears pretty easy to set up with CSE in NC (I'm in VA, biohag is in NC)  That way for the next 14 years (OUUUUUUCCCHHHH!!) you won't have to write that check. Bio can't come back & say he didn't pay, yadda yadda. Ours had a serious problem when Mr. KAT requested it. She wanted her money direct...yeah, so you can say he didn't pay, we know that game.

Hang in there Kiddo!!!!! It doesn't last forever, it just feels like it. And when they get to be teens, well, you know they can be fickle & sometimes the tables do turn! :)

Good Luck to ya!

KAT

jilly

He already has voluntary garnishment for both CSOs.  But...DH started a new job 08/16. For the next 90 days he is working as a contract worker. At the end of that time he will become an employee. DH gave agency the orders about wage withholding and copy of CO showin he's required to carry medical insurance on his son. He got his first paycheck last week and nothing was taken out of the check (CS or insurance) so that's why I had to write the check. His former employer sent in the paperwork to CSE advising of his last date of employment with them and gave name of agency for whom he would be working. He's also supposed to have his check direct deposited but it takes 2-3 weeks for that to go in to effect. May be the same with the CS and insurance. So...until they either start taking it out, or he gets on the payroll where he works, I'll have to write a check every week since he's getting paid on a weekly basis right now. Not sure how he will be paid once he's on the payroll.

Gawd this stuf gets confusing sometimes! LOL