Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 03:35:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

As fun as it's been...we are finally done ! This is the light at the end of the tunnel

Started by stepmomtwo1, Aug 25, 2005, 06:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stepmomtwo1

Dh paid our last cs payment yesterday. Of course they changed us $70 in arrearage (funny it's been pulled right from his paycheck from day #1 so how he was behind is a wonder but now it's over. We waited fourteen years (wow that seemed like a long time but then not so long too) for it to end and since we have not seen sd in 9 years due to a severe PAS issue with her mother (that nobody seemed to think was her fault, just ours for not trying hard enough...yeah whatever) we are done.

Now what to do with all that money that we earn and get to keep now. We are buying a RV to take on famliy vacations and we'll be able to afford them, we're paying off a few bills that have been lingering and we are just going to live a little easeir from now on. Ahhhhh life is sweet!

Thanks for letting me air this out here where everyone knows just what I'm talking about. I'll be anxious to see what sd does with the huge amount of $$ that her grandparents have been giving her the last 18 years (over $200,000 in the bank she gets when she turns 18 next week). I hope somebody has taught her to have more sence then her mother has or she'll blow it on new cars,beer and parties and hopefully still end up alive.  

jilly

I am envious!!  Thanks for reminding me that this too shall pass and that there really is a light at the end of the tunnel. Enjoy! :)

KAT

ONLY 20 more days here!! I bought a Land Rover & we are building a great big beautiful new house on the water AND will have a very small mtg. payment too. Biomom, guess she's going without a paycheck since that's the only income she HAD! I get the giggles when I think about it. Half expect the cow to show up here with her hand out for something but all she's going to get is a door slammed in her face. The 4th Hubby kicked her to the curb last month, her mother isn't speaking to her so basically she's homeless.
Take that RV out for a nice ride & visit us in VA. We can have a party!
CONGRATS!
KAT

stepmomtwo1

Kat,

I wondered where you where. A Landrover and now you can even afford the gas! :) I guess it's not a RV but it's a big pull behind with a loft and extended room. It looks like a cottage inside and not something you would camp in. I'd love to come to Virginia and camp by your home by the water.:) Actually dd was in Va for a mission trip and said it's beautiful.

This week our paycheck will pay all of our bills and have enough for gas and groceries too. My pay is just for fun! Our middle ds has his 7th birthday in a week and I was thinking I might see about taking the four older kids to Cedar Point (an amusement park about an hour from here) for the day. They would all love it and we can afford it now.:)

Congrats to you too. Werrrrrree Freeeeeeeee! Finally!

dontunderstand

Congratulations to you!  Best of luck to you!  Enjoy you peace and quiet, YOU WON!!!

4honor

DH has about 1400 days to go (SS turns 18 a full 8 months before he can graduate and CS stops). But I am counting the days.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

srgraumenz

Great for you!   My husband has only begun the charity pmts to his X.  It's not child support because that term denotes it is used for his kids(3 of them)....i get to endure this pain for 5 more yrs with his oldest son, 7 more yrs with the mid kid and 12 yrs with the youngest......
yea call me stupid.....but that is what real love does to you. Which i do love him dearly that is what makes this crap so incredibly hard to bear.

You are so lucky to be done.  I think by the time my husband is done paying, i'll be too old to enjoy any extra $ so it really doesn't matter.

Enjoy your Freedom!