Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 02:36:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Social security continued....

Started by Sunshine1, Oct 12, 2005, 03:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunshine1

It will not be a secret when she gets married to this poor schmuck.  She has been trying to land him for 5 years, he is now finally moving in with her again.  It is only a matter of time before he is pressured into it.

SSI was kind enough to send a booklet on all the Do's and Don'ts of SSI, and there is no way on this earth that she is going to be on it for very long.  The minute she moves in with boyfriend, it warrants a re-evaluation of her benefits.  If she gets married, another re-evaluation of her benefits.  I can't wait for her to start running a daycare out of her home for cash....a severe violation of benefits.

Thanks for calming me down.  It is now an inside joke around here..man where are we going to spend that 24.00 next month (you are suppose to keep a log of what you spend it on)??  DH and I will be waiting in the weeds for this to unfold.  The only upside to this is she thought she was getting a huge sum of money, and it ended up that she gets 12.00 for each child she has.We get 24.00 and she gets 36.00.  Ironic.

I will keep you updated... :)

sherya5

SSI is so confusing. You are technically suppose to log what you spend the money on in case you are audited. They claim they audit every 6 months to one year but we've only had to turn in one audit form in 2 years. We didn't even have to provide evidence of what we reported. I had receipts, bank statements, etc.. but they didn't request any of that. We filled out the form and mailed it in as requested. I'm sure your benefits won't need to be audited, I mean come on!

Social security also sends us what they call a tax form or description of benefits for the year. The form states in fine print to show it to your accountant for tax purposes but they've never needed it. Can't figure that one out either.

Another tricky thing SSI does is they pay a month ahead. So, if benefits are ever discontinued, which they have been for us before, you simply won't see another check, no warning. I'm sure this terrifies you because that $24.00 won't be rolling in..LOL

Definitely keep me posted, I'm sure you'll start discovering things that I don't know and I can use the help as well.