Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 02:31:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Quick question

Started by angel, Jan 05, 2007, 06:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angel

If parent who is ordered to pay CS hasn't been paying, does the CSEA already know and will try to do something about it?

Or does the obligee have to call CSEA to inform them that payments haven't been being received?

mistoffolees

I would assume that you'd have to call. You certainly have nothing to lose by calling them and asking what the procedure is for non-paying parents.

ocean

Are the payments set up through them now? If they are, then they keep track and you could probably look it up on-line (my state is on-line).
If you do not have it set up through them, go to their office with your court order and they will help you go to court so it is set up through them and then they keep track (but always keep your own records...they make mistakes!).

cathy

I assume your payments are going thru CSEA.  I don't know about your state, but in NC, they automatically go after the NCP if they aren't paying.

I know when psycho is late, they will send a letter.  If she doesn't pay (I think it is 30 days past due) they will issue a subpeona for her to appear and show cause.  I was really stunned.

You may want to look for the CSEA website in your state.

angel

Thank you all very much for your time and responses :)