Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 10:50:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Payroll clerks/accountants...anyone?

Started by dipper, Apr 17, 2007, 08:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

Just a different thought on our situation with bm's employer not sending in CS as they are supposed to.  It is now over four weeks this time..she is ordered to pay weekly.

Isnt' it illegal to have this money on their account?  Could this money be held to disguise some otherwise missing money?

If so to either of those...how could we go about having that investigated?

Jade

>Just a different thought on our situation with bm's employer
>not sending in CS as they are supposed to.  It is now over
>four weeks this time..she is ordered to pay weekly.
>
>Isnt' it illegal to have this money on their account?  Could
>this money be held to disguise some otherwise missing money?
>
>If so to either of those...how could we go about having that
>investigated?

Contact the child support enforcement agency and report the employer.  If that doesn't accomplish anything, take the employer to court.  They are violating the law.  And you need to contact them as soon as they are late the first time.  Don't wait 4 weeks.  

Wasting time and money on trying to figure out if they are breaking other laws than the one they are currently breaking is really a waste of time.  

Ref

as to say illegal. At least it isn't illegal enough to cause any major concern for the company at this time. Most of my clients (I am a public accountant) only have a couple hundred a month that they withhold for CS, so it really wouldn't be covering up for much.

I wouldn't go into a major conspiracy, yet. I imagine they have someone doing payroll that isn't very bright and just knows how to plug numbers in the computer.

What I would do is send the payroll clerk the paperwork showing the order and a spreadsheet showing the amounts already missed. I would send it so that the company has to sign for it (UPS or FedEx). I would send the head of the company the same information stating that it has been several weeks and ask that they looki into it for you.

I think that would clear everything up.

Best wishes
Ref

jilly

>>I wouldn't go into a major conspiracy, yet. I imagine they
>have someone doing payroll that isn't very bright and just
>knows how to plug numbers in the computer.
>
>What I would do is send the payroll clerk the paperwork
>showing the order and a spreadsheet showing the amounts
>already missed. I would send it so that the company has to
>sign for it (UPS or FedEx). I would send the head of the
>company the same information stating that it has been several
>weeks and ask that they looki into it for you.
>
>I think that would clear everything up.
>
>Best wishes
>Ref

Problem is the payroll clerk is the BM.  That's why the money is getting sent in like it's supposed to be.

Dipper: your DH is just going to have to file something against the employer.  When it starts hitting their pocketbook may the Ex will straighten up; especially since it's a family member for whom she's working.

dipper

DH did mention in  a letter last week to bm that he would no longer contact her employer about the matter, that he would contact the proper authorities instead.  Last night, four payments posted to his CS account....HMMMM....kinda obvious.....

We did contact the president, her cousin, in Feb..and even documented the law concerning it.  The cousin blew it off as they had only missed one payment..but sent in four at that time as well...So, she knows the payments are not being forwarded.

That is our main issue -its a family involvement.  It cannot be ignorance because both us and DCSE has contacted them two months ago.  BM has made statements bout delivering checks to workers..and when dh had the garnishment on her for a personal matter she had told him that had mailed the check out...

jilly

"DH did mention in a letter last week to bm that he would no longer contact her employer about the matter, that he would contact the proper authorities instead. Last night, four payments posted to his CS account....HMMMM....kinda obvious....."

Funny how that works ain't it?!  LOL

Next time...and we both know there will be a next time...don't even bother contacting the BM.  Just go ahead and file against the employer.  Once she gets the cousin in hot water he'll make sure she does what she's supposed to be doing.