Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 07:19:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New on the class action lawsuit in Indiana

Started by c_alexander, Jan 14, 2005, 09:07:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c_alexander

Well, from the looks of it things are rolling along for the Indiana class action lawsuit. I got some more papers from Indianapolis in the mail today. I'm not a lawyer and do not have a very good understanding of the laws pertaining to class action suits, but the way that I read the paperwork it seems that the state is desperately trying to get this case dismissed. Mr Torm Howse the man heading up the Indiana lawsuit (and from what the guy who coordinated with the other states as well) keeps firing back at them with both barrels. I think that the state realizes that this is a battle that it can not win? If anyone knows anymore or if I got it all wrong please let me know...like I said I am no lawyer. Sad thing is that only 20 some odd people got involved in the class action here in Indiana. I can't believe there are that few. Getting the word out about this thing is next to impossible. I really wish there was more that I, and we the non-custodial community could do.

c_alexander

another update on Indiana's class action. From the paperwork I have recieved so far it appears that the deputy attorney general who is acting as the defendant for the state was late in filing his requests for dismissal of the case citing that he was covering for another deputy attorney general who is on maternity leave AND that he was somehow helping governor elect Mitch Davis and was unable to file in a timely manner. The judge said that these were NOT valid exuses and fromt he looks of it is NOT going to have the case dismissed. If this is true then NON-CUSTODIAL parents may actually get their day in court. Does anyone know if this thing has ever been tried before? did it ever get this far?