Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 02:01:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Purple Ribbons

Started by c_alexander, Jan 28, 2005, 11:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c_alexander

I had been toying with the idea of making some purple "Father Rights" or " NCP Rights" magentic ribbons for the back of automobiles to help spread the word....these kinds of ribbons sell like crazy down here and I thought that perhaps they might do well in "our" communtiy too. Out of curiousity how many here might be interested in a custom printed purple ribbon to stick onto the back of their vehicles? Also should it say "Fathers Rights" or "NCP Rights"? Anyone have some input? If I see there is enough interest in having these made I'll have them printed up, but I would need at least 100 people or more before I could jsutify doing this. They would most likely sell for $5.00 each due to the cost of printing them.

Is this a good idea or no? I am open to constructive criticism.

Thanks,
Chris

MYSONSDAD

Some time ago, Joni posted ideas on this. You might want to go back in the archives and see what she had in mind. I think it was just before Christmas.

I like the idea, show support and spread the word.

When I have spent so much time at the courthouse, I made business cards spreading the word about Sparc. You can tell the fathers who are in there, just by looking at their faces. They look lost and empty...
Like their souls have been taken away. I bet I look the same.

"Children learn what they live"

Stepmom0418

I like the idea and would be interested in buying one or maybe even more than one so I can give them to some others! Keep us updated!

c_alexander

I Think I have a design down. A bright purple ribbon, magnetic so it'll stick to the back of your car, that reads "Kids NEED BOTH Parents"..... what do you think? I like it because it works for NC dads and moms. Kinda sends the message too that we don't want to take away the chldren...we jsut want our fair share.
I am still looking for a way to afford gettingthe first batch made though. We are looking at several hundred dollars to get the minimum of 250 made. I had thought about perhaps talking to KRights radio and seeing if they wanted to purchase an advertising spot on the ribbons (the center cut out part perhaps). You can view perview of what I had in mind on my website:
http://help-a-dad.blogspot.com/

If anyone has more input it is welcomed. If I goto the trouble and expense of creating these things I want them to be what the "community" wants. Not to mention I want them to help us give our cause a voice.

Thanks Again.

Chris

Stepmom0418

I love the idea of the slogan Kids need both parents!! Thats great! This way it can fit both cp as well as ncp.

I am a CP and a SM so it would fit BOTH situations!!

I LOVE IT!!

Taichi

Thats an AWESOME idea!

joni

I like the car ribbon idea alot.  I'm involved two fathers' groups in Michigan who would probably buy them from you if you can give me a firm quote, I'll present your proposal to them.

RIBBONS....RIBBONS....RIBBONS

Here's the way to spread the word.  Like the old Herbal Essence commerce featuring Heather Locklear...I told two friends...and they told two friends...and so on, and so on.

I found and contacted a web site that sells purple enamel lapel pins.  A dozen for $9.  The vendor has a large inventory.  I had a thought that if everyone bought a box and gave the other 11 pins to friends and family to wear, it would help put out the word.

//www.theribbonlady.com/pins.html

MYSONSDAD

I would emphasize NEEDS, have it bold print in another color, separate from the other words. Underline it...

I would be interested in a few myself

"Children learn what they live"

c_alexander

From the sounds of it I think that we got ourselves a winning idea for the car magnets. I had thought about all caps on the NEED actually...don't know why I didn't put it on that one...hehe oh well.

I like the lapel pin idea as well Joni. Sadly I don't know that many people...haha.

As of right now I do not have a direct quote from the company that produces the car magent ribbons as to what it would cost...it varies depending on the number of colors....purple according to them is also a special color so, of course more money. I want to keep the costs of the car magnets down though, since they are going to be printed special they are going to sell for more than the $2.00 magnetic ribbons you can buy at the gas stations, but I want to keep the price under $5.00. Is that a good price? Also I wanted to check out shipping cost for the thing. I don't expect that shipping them would cost a great deal...maybe a $1.00. Anyway as you can see I am still tying up the loose ends. I wanted to get some input from the community and to see if there was any interest. I don't want to be stuck with 250 purplre ribbons...although it would be funny to see what would happen if you stuck them ALL to your car at once..haha.

As I find out more, I'll let you all know. I very much want to do this if everyone is interested. Any other input, please let me know. Thanks

c_alexander

I updated the purple Kids Rights or Non Custodial Rights magnetic car ribbons and have posted it on my website. I used some of the suggestions you all gave me. Let me know if these are acceptable.

I double checked with the manufactorer and these ribbons are 3.5" by 8" so they are pretty big....enough for everyone to see.

Please note to defer the cost of producing these ribbons I might see if K-Rights or some other kids/parents rights group (maybe even SPARCS) would want to purchase advertising space in teh little center heart where I have the "We the people demand family law reform now!" statement. Is that a good idea?