Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 02:58:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Dick Clark's show in the tubes

Started by c_alexander, Feb 04, 2005, 03:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c_alexander

I jsut read that Richard Farr of K-Right's Radio has discovered for certain that dick clark productions WILL NOT be doing any kind of deadbeat dad show. they apparently had thought about it but after the out pouring from the community have decided not to do it.  the following message was from Richard:

In a move of enlighten thinking, understanding and compassion for the families of America. The dick clark production company-DCP acknowledged to Richar' Farr of Krightsradio February 4, 2005 that they (DCP), "No longer had any plans to do a most wanted deadbeat program or any program of the same type and they had no other comments on the subject".

We at Krightsradio would like to say Thank You to dick clark productions-DCP.

The Truth Continues.....

Sincerely,
Chris

MYSONSDAD

PROPOSED "DEADBEAT PARENT" NETWORK TV SHOW WOULD EXPLOIT FAMILIES, SAYS KRIGHTSRADIO
Dallas/Ft. Worth: February 4, 2005
KRightsRadio is calling a newly proposed reality - type TV show that has been described by The Daily Nonpareil as an " 'America's Most Wanted' for parents who don't pay child support" biased, offensive and damaging for children and families. KRightsRadio says the show, which may be produced by dick clark productions, would exploit, vilify, and negatively stereotype noncustodial fathers and mothers who - research shows - are more likely "deadbroke and deadbolted" than "deadbeat," as they say.

According to The Daily Nonpareil (2/1/05), Officer Jack Price of the Council Bluffs Police Department in Iowa came up with the concept for the show which would follow "the investigation, the arrest and the court proceedings" of the alleged so-called "deadbeat" dad or mom. A pilot or sales tape for the proposed TV series is apparently now in the works.

"We've been in touch with dick clark productions and hope that they will see the problems with this idea. How does publicly shaming and ostracizing a parent - most likely a deadbroke dad, not "deadbeat" - on national television in full view of his children and extended family translate into supporting children? It clearly doesn't; it is hurtful and embarrassing for his children and family. It won't exactly help his prospects of getting employment either after prospective employers see his face on national TV. Common sense tells you that this is not helpful for anyone except for public officials or TV shows who have another agenda. The production of this show needs to be halted now. It is based on a damaging stereotype," said KRightsRadio founder, Richar' Farr.

Farr says Officer Price should have looked into the research before he jumped on this campaign of "deadbeat hysteria." Farr says that most parents do willingly support their beloved children. Most parents who don't pay full child support can't pay due to unemployment, illness, disability or lack of decent paying jobs. Nonpayment is not usually willful.

"dick clark productions might want to inquire of the child support agencies and private companies that may become involved with the show whether the child support money being pursued has actually been paid by the alleged "deadbeat parent" but is stuck in the system. Most states have millions of dollars of collected child support, sitting in interest-bearing accounts, that belongs to the children but is not being distributed to them. In 2002, the amount not reaching the children was about $660 million nationwide," said Farr.

KRightsRadio says states make federal money off the collection of child support while, overall, U.S. taxpayers lose huge amounts of money at the federal level. Farr believes that child support agencies nationwide are making numerous errors and are virtually accountable to no one. Many private child support collection agencies - which may help with the production of the show - take 30% or more of the children's money that it collects as child support. This is unacceptable. The truth is most alleged, so-called "deadbeats" are in the exact same financial dire straits as custodial parents. Contributing to this is a poor economy where gasoline, food, heating, and the price of practically everything is soaring, but decent jobs are disappearing.

Farr says the current deadbeat hysteria is based on the false premise that millions of fathers are willfully abandoning their children. This is absolutely false, says Farr. Most dads, like most moms, love their children and want to financially and emotionally support their children. The real tragedy is that many noncustodial dads and moms are "deadbolted" - locked out of their beloved children's lives with no way to get back in. Entire extended families are suffering because of this, according to KRightsRadio.

"We are prepared to support a boycott of sponsors of this show as an exercise in our free speech rights if this show goes forward. The people involved in developing this show are the ones who should be ashamed; not the parents who are struggling to remain in their beloved children's lives. Society must remember that dads love their children equally as much as mothers do. Children need and love their dads as much as they need and love their moms," said Farr.

//www.Krightsradio.com [email protected] [email protected]

media inquiries: 330-534-8948

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dick Clark Productions Contact:
The Administrative Contact at Dick Clark Productions:

JOHN BUDDE

[email protected]  

3003 W OLIVE AVE
BURBANK, CA 91505-4538

Amy is Dick Clarks Assistant------>>>> 818-841-3003

Dick Clarks Pubic Relations Office (Paul) - 323-931-8200

Officer Jack Price
Officer Jack Price E-Mail: [email protected]

Phone Numbers Jack Price Voice Mail: 712-329-1856

Police Department 712-328-4715

Council Bluffs Mayor
Mayor's Office Thomas Hanafan: 712-328-4601
Police Chief: Keith Mehlin 712-328-4601

Contact Info
Dick Clark Has A chain Of Resturants -- Call Them!!!
Dick Clark Productions Dick Clark Television Productions Marsha Hoffman, News/New Media Editor
(712) 325-5730
Fax: (712) 325-5776
[email protected]

c_alexander

thanks to the everyones efforts the show has been canceled according to Dick Clark productions.

I sent a nasty little e-mail to the police station about this Officer Jack Price. It's a disgrace that he would even think up such a show let alone pursue it.

joni

I just heard that Dick Clark Productions had recanted and the show's back on.

http://www.petitiononline.com/STOPDC/petition.html

MYSONSDAD

On this website alone, there are close to 1900 members. If they are going after deadbeats, what next? It will turn into a "free for all" on all NCP's. Any financial gains will go into other areas. This will effect all of us.

And I also have a big problem with children viewing this disgrace. Watch TV and see your daddy go to jail. What message does this send? How many vendictive CP's are out there, waiting....

Guess I am not into exploiting people for money.

I do understand that there are true "deadbeats", about 5%. In most cases, however,  it is an NCP raped by the sytem, and deadbroke, that will take the blunt of this show.
Want a guess on how many CP's have admitted to denying visitation?

"Children learn what they live"

c_alexander

Last I heard the show was canceled. I double checked and still the last I heard was that it was cancelled. If it is not cancelled would someone tell us and provide a reliable source. Because if Dick Clark productions have not dropped this I'm gonna give them a piece of my mind.

MYSONSDAD

It is still being mentioned quite often on Knightsradio. I know some of the shows are taped, but I have been listening at different times.

"Children learn what they live"

FatherTime