Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 09:47:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

AB 1307, DEFEATED

Started by MYSONSDAD, May 03, 2005, 07:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

AB 1307 Update: Shared Parenting Bill Defeated in Assembly Judiciary Committee

May 3, 2005

Despite the massive support we generated for AB 1307, the new California Shared Parenting bill, children and the parents they love and need were defeated today in the California Assembly Judiciary Committee.

Two thousand of you called, faxed or wrote Sacramento in support of AB 1307. By contrast, the opposition, led by the California National Organization for Women, the California Alliance Against Domestic Violence, the California Judges Association, the State of California Commission on the Status of Women, and the California State Bar Family Law Section, had no discernable popular support. Nevertheless, they successfully attacked the bill by claiming that a rebuttable presumption of shared custody puts women and children in danger of abusive men. They also claimed that fathers who fight for custody are usually abusers.

As my listeners and readers know, these claims are spurious. Mothers are far more likely to abuse children than fathers are, and women are as likely to commit domestic violence as men are, though women's injuries tend to be more serious. Moreover, AB 1307's presumption of shared custody applies only to fit parents, not abusers.

The California Shared Parenting Alliance's presentation at the hearing was impressive, particularly the testimony of family law attorney Denise Placencio. The highlight of the proceedings came near the end of the testimony when Assemblyman  Mervyn M. Dymally, the bill's principal author, said "here's my final witness"--and held up a box with almost 2,000 of our letters in it!  

Our defeat represents the triumph of special interests over children and families. The California Shared Parenting Alliance won the endorsements of dozens of mental health professionals and family law experts, as well as veterans and retirees groups. These were backed by popular support vastly beyond anything the special interest groups opposing us could muster.

CSPA has plans to continue this fight, and Dymally says he will be bringing the bill back next year.

A Personal Note to the Sackson Horde

This is our sixth His Side with Glenn Sacks Listener Campaign and our first defeat. I thank all of you for your support and faith in us, and I'm sorry we were unable to deliver another victory. I knew from the beginning that this one would be tough, but I also believed that we had to fight the good fight regardless of the odds.

Special credit goes to CSPA lobbyist Michael Robinson, who spearheaded both AB 1307 and SB 1082 in Sacramento, and was one of the heroes behind our successful campaign to preserve the LaMusga move-away decision last summer. To donate to support CSPA and Michael's lobbying efforts, click here. Thanks also to the American Coalition for Fathers and Children for its support.

Best Wishes,

joni

after you're pi$$ed reading this garbage and puking, visit Waylon's //www.ignorecindyross.com for some comic relief...

Cindy Ross
CA Director NAFCJ
nafcj.org

Great News in California!

AB 1307, the misguided and misogynist "equal access" bill authored by Assemblyman Dymally (with Sen. Washburn) and sponsored by the California Shared Parenting Association has FAILED. Below is an
additional comment I sent to Assemblyman Dymally.

Cindy Ross
CA Director NAFCJ
nafcj.org

Bill Comment Response

Thank you for your comments on AB 1307 authored by Assembly Member Dymally. Your comments have been forwarded to Assembly Member Dymally's office and are listed below for your records.

Your Comments

I was strongly opposed to AB 1307, and will continue to oppose any attempt to reintroduce similar legislation. Joint custody/equal access legislation is not only misguided, but dishonest. In addition to being outright biased against and prejudicial to mothers, I am concerned that the author of such legislation subscribes to bogus and discredited "alienation" abuse coverup theories.

Alienation has been identified as the legal strategy used to deliberately obstruct proper prosecution of child abuse cases, by turning them into custody disputes, while dismissing true allegations as "false", by the American Prosecutors Research Institute:

http://www.ndaa.org/publications/newsletters/update_volume_16_number_6_2003.html

Please refer to an article I wrote describing how alienation methodology is the means to conceal a pro-pedophile/abuser agenda, how it is used to
suppress evidence of abuse by shifting blame to mothers, how it fuels the systematic abuse of women and children via family court orders, and how it is the basis of diverting government money to use it to systematically punish and repress women and children:

http://www.newsmakingnews.com/ross,familycourtcorrupt2nd2,19,03.htm

Moreover, the focus on "access" to children, combined with the means to dismiss maternal reports of abuse as the basis of switching custody, is especially disturbing. While custody is a legal term used to maintain control -- hardly even appropriate when considering care of children -- "equal (father) access" would chip away even farther at women's rights to parent their own children. It will be setting the stage for women to be unable to maintain ANY legal protection for their children DESPITE having
custody. It will also specifically undermine custodial orders which PREVENT inappropriate "access" to children by abusers, sex offenders, pedophiles and other violent and sociopathic fathers.

MYSONSDAD

she is one sick cookie....

can she believe what she writes?

"Children learn what they live"

kitten

stepmomandmom

What a sad, misguided woman.  I don't know how she can generalize that every single male who wants to have equal access to their children is a pedophile!!!!!  She has GOT to be out of her mind, and it is ideas such as hers that has led to the overall decline in the father/child relationship.

Bolivar

Obviously no relation to "Betsy" Ross.

justwantstobeadad

You respond to this like you are scared to think that ANY man could  possibly be an equal parent. I feel sorry for your children if you have any...and if you dont yet, great!  I would also say you have some deep seeded hate for ALL men! You might want to consider talking to someone about this. Oh, by the way child abuse and PAS does exist it is not some "fantasy" or a strategy for a custody case. Do some more research! You sound like you must be your own best "fan".  Well good luck with that I am sure you will keep thinking your some great influential child protectr only to leave another child to suffer somewhere!

jolawanda

I mean didchya? I am sorry, but, does your child suffer somewhere? IF so, then you should fight tooth and nail to deal with that....PAS aint' some fantasy, you are right there pal. BUT, if you are the victim of a PAS related court judgeTYPEperson order,  then you came to the right place. IF not, then you did not.

Have your or have you and your KIDS .....NOT been manipulated by the courts in what way THEY want to pursuade their decisions?

justwantstobeadad

Hello, Did you read thouroughly? I did not say MY child is suffering somewhere. I said she (as in the writer) would make a child suffer, As if  not to allow the child enough contact with the father just because of his gender is making the child suffer.  

I did not say anything about me being a vicitm of PAS. I was responding to her comment that she thinks PAS is just a ploy in court by men to gain custody.
Please explain  what you mean "PAS related court judgeTYPEperson order?? This makes no sense to me as the judge or even the courts are not a Parent therefore could not have PAS. Maybe I am just missunderstanding your comment, if so please clairify.

I also dont feel I have been manipulated by the courts. I feel my ex-wife plays games with the courts and orders, with her own interpritations and she is the only one who tries to pursuade me.

well to sum things up, I did read her posting and felt just what I stated she has some deep seeded hate for men just by the way she talks and generalizes ALL men as the same.

justwantstobeadad

Guess I should have double checked...:-( I was responding to some self rightous post against men) I really screwed that up! sorry all... I cant even find the dang post now I was trying to respond to in the first place.

geeZ do I feel like an idiot not only once did I reply but then when somone thought I was nuts..(not usually)I responded like a horses behind. SO SORRY IT WAS A HONEST MISTAKE!