Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 01:31:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Parents Rights Ribbons STILL GOING

Started by c_alexander, May 23, 2005, 01:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c_alexander

Hello all,

You may not have seen much of me on the boards lately and for that I do apologize. I have been working like a mad man (60 or more hours per week) at my new job, getting everything ready for my move to Colorado coming up the first of August, AND filling all my ribbon orders.

To fill anyone who is new in on what I am doing here I'll try to sum it all up. I live in Indiana and have been divorced since 1997. As is standard (although HIGHLY discriminatory) with the courts my ex wife was awarded as custodial parent. Everything was going all right until 2 years ago when she divorced husband #3 and met a guy out in Colorado. I fought valiantly to prevent this move due to the fact that ALL of our then 7 year old daughters family lived here, however the judge felt differently about it and my ex was allowed to move our daughter 1000 miles away from all of her family and friends.

Since then my daughter has adapted well to her new environment. She is doing excellent in school, has many new friends, and is an active 9, almost 10-year-old girl. About the only thing she has any difficulty with is the distance between us.  As the case with many divorced dads I am a man of somewhat limited means, but my daughter needs me, so I have sold everything I owe, saved every penny I can, and have been selling my Parents Rights Awareness Ribbons through my website at: http://ncpribbon.blogspot.com/
All to help save the money needed to move, and to help raise awareness in the community about the flaws of the current Family Law system on ALL levels and the need for reform. This includes a movement towards shared parenting situations whenever possible, a reduction or elimination of child support payments for shared parenting families, an end to Federal revenue to states for the collection of child support, and most importantly for the courts to HONESTLY put the best interests of the children above and beyond ALL else.

My ribbons are not much I admit. There is a lot of work that is going to have to be done for us to realize these dreams. There is a good possibility that it may not even happen in our lifetime, however for our children and grandchildren it is so very important. None should ever have to face the pain and torment so many of us have had to face in the current family law system.

Anyway, for those who have not yet done so, please drop by my website and take a look. To date I have sold 526 ribbons. I just ordered another 500 ribbons from my supplier last week which should arrive shortly before Fathers Day, and I currently have about 70 ribbons still on hand for anyone that needs them sooner.

I want to thank you all again for your support and to those of you who have take the time to call or write. Since I began doing this in February I have had the opportunity to speak to a lot of great people out there. To all of you I wish you the best in your struggle. Although it pains me to see so many hurting because of the cruelty of the courts, I admire the people who are going through so much for their children. I hope that in the very least these Children grow up knowing just much they were loved.

kitten

>My ribbons are not much I admit. There is a lot of work that
>is going to have to be done for us to realize these dreams.
>There is a good possibility that it may not even happen in our
>lifetime, however for our children and grandchildren it is so
>very important. None should ever have to face the pain and
>torment so many of us have had to face in the current family
>law system.

Your ribbons rock, Chris!  Give yourself more credit, would ya?  Your ribbons are one step in the right direction, we thank you and our children and their children thank you.  Some one stole mine right off my mini van!  It was probably some PBFH.  LOL!

Anyway, keep up the good work!