Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 07:23:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tempory custody GRANTED

Started by littlebitt, Sep 02, 2005, 10:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littlebitt

(My former sign-on name is littlebit, but computer issues wont allow me to use it right now)  

First, thanks for all of your help!  Especially gypsy, MYSONSDAD, wendl, Kitty C, and many others you have given some priceless advice.

Background:  Divorced in 1999 in Alabama, Father (me) retained custody.  In 2001, Mother alledges sexual, physical, emotional abuse against child.  Judge acknowledged me as a fine Father, but Mother gains custody due to her not working, and I must use daycare 40 hrs per week for child. I am granted enlarged visitation.

In 2002, Mother refuses to take child to court ordered physchologist;  refuses many of Father's visitaitons, allows no phone contact;  attempts to exclude Father from school functions and information;  many PAS issues;  

In 2003, Mother arrested for disorderly conduct (against me & family) at child's church program;  Child misses 43 days of school;  Mother withdraws child from school and begins "home-schooling";  Father files for custody.

In 2004, Mother files for RO;  RO denied and Father is granted weekly phone calls with child!  GAL report favors me for custody!

In 2004, I had to stop posting on SPARC because I was becoming consumed and overwhelmed with custody court.  Marriage, sanity, and my other children were in jeapordy.

Court has been re-scheduled 4 times.  On the forth time, judge said that Mother can go to the scheduled court date and lose, or she can have her continuance and give Father temporary custody in the mean time.  So this is what happened...

I am awarded temporary custody of son until the court date !!!!!!!!

This is what his Mother asked for in the temporary agreement:

contact with school and teachers to check on the monor child's progress--OK, no problem

the ability to attend all school funcitons
--OK, no problem

Three weekends a month, just like I had
--OK, no problem

We meet half-way for pick-ups and drop offs
--GO FAX YOURSELF!! was my response to that one....I have been driving 100 miles 3 weekends a month for years and now YOU decide that is TOO MUCH for you??  I'll see you in HELL (I mean court) first!!(thanks for the balls gypsy!)

So guess what, she ducked her tail on that one and started driving!

My Attorney says there is no way in hell the judge will remove son from school and send him back to his Mother now.  The court date is just a formality we have to go through.  Mom's request for continuance only gave judge a perfect opportunity to place son with me without a formal hearing!

Thank you is not enough to say to all of you for your guidance!!  How can a Father possiblly show gratitude for having his son tell him goodnight FIVE nights a week instead of ONE!?  How do I express on a keypad what it means to see my son sit across the dinner table and say the blessing every day?

I've done the right things for years.  I've taken the high roads.  I've put up with shit a lot of people could not understand.  I've put myself second.  I've put my wife second (sorry love!)  I've cried myself to sleep.  I've given up many times.  I've prayed to God, and I've cursed God.  But in the end I always did what was right for my son!

I'm crying now so I have to stop.

THANK YOU , THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

LittleBitt's Dad

MYSONSDAD

I remember you very well and often wondered how your case was going.

Thank you for posting back on the results. It gives others here the encouragement to go thru just one more hearing, to keep fighting another day, to endure what we must. Your win is a win for all of the NCP's here at SPARC. Sharing your success is a gift of hope.

Your child won. Your gratitude was just received ten fold in this wonderful post. Enjoy and hold your son close to your heart, make everyday count,  you are living what most of us here, would die for. There can be nothing better.

You have no idea of what this post has done for me personally. I am about to continue with my trial in a very short time. Now, it will be easier to move forward into the unknown.

God Bless your family, and an extra special one for the wife who stood by your side thru the most horrific nightmare of your life.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted and come back often.  

SingleDad

AWSOME!

Your story has given me hope!

I'm at the beginning of my struggle and know it's going to be a long journey.  Your story has made a light appear at the end of the tunnel.

Love your family, as I know you do.  They're the most important thing in life.

SingleDad

joni

We go to court on Wednesday for a custody motion.  I've really been discouraged these past two weeks.  Thought we had mom rock solid on child abuse (photos, damaging psych report on child, etc).  It seems that every attempt the last two week to get this child in our home temporarily was met by so many road blocks, I couldn't believe it.  I felt all this evidence fell into our lap at the right time for the right reasons and it still doesn't seem to be enough as far as the court is concerned.

I guess Wednesday will tell soon enough.  Me and DH always took the higher road, told the truth and it never seemed to payoff.  This mom is HACKded in lies and deception and it never seems to catch up with her.  I hope that it's our time.

Brent

>I am awarded temporary custody of son until the court date !!!!!!!!

Yes, yes, [font size=+2]YES!!!!!![/font]

Congratulations!!!!

wendl

Thats great, hope you retained custody during the final hearing.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**