Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 02:35:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Looking for a Child Psychologist in New York

Started by iplawyer, Dec 09, 2005, 06:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iplawyer

I'm looking for a famous child psychologist with great credentials and experience in New York that understands father's rights towards a 50/50 custody.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Mitch Stein
646-250-7007

ocean

Where in NY? What are you looking for this person to do? 50/50 is not that common here yet unless both parents agree. If you are in the same school district that is a big plus on your side. I have the name of my kids therapist (great with 25 yrs of experience) but she really is there for the kids and not to be called into court unless it is very necessary. Good luck!

iplawyer

I live in Northport/Centerport (Long Island, about 40 miles from NYC), with two houses, less than 2 miles apart.  The kids can stay in the same school district, for sure.  I want someone for the kids, as that is the highest priority.

For example, she gives me a few hours on Tuesday and Thursday evening, when she works for $25/hour to avoid paying a babysitter, and then insists that she drag the kids home in the cold and snow, up a huge hill, to the Centerport house, saying otherwise it would be "too disruptive" to the children.  No one should treat children this way, I wouldn't think.  Talk about disruptive.

It's not so much as Court, which seems pretty much a waste of money and time, as it is for the benefit of the kids.  Even the Court-appointed attorney for the kids doesn't agree with her, but it seems that she can just ignore him too.

That's why someone with credentials should carry greater weight on the issues and help my children.

Thanks for the reply.  Let me know what you think.

Mitch

ocean

Hmmm....I am about 40 miles from you so our therapist would not be good for you. I would call the social worker at school and ask them for a name of someone near you. That is how I got mine name. Ask for a couple names and go and see them first. What do you have now on paper regarding visitation/custody? Will BM fight you if you want to bring them to a therapist?  How do you want to split the week? How does BM want it split? There are many people that have split custody on these boards that could give you how they do it..Good luck!