Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 12:51:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Thank you for your action- Tillys has removed the T-Shirts.

Started by SPARC Admin, Jan 05, 2004, 10:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPARC Admin

Thank you all for contacting Tillys to make your feelings known. The following is an email just received from Sam Mendelsohn, the Senior Vice President at Tillys.

Dear (SPARC),

Please allow me to express my sincere apology regarding the merchandise in question, which you found to be offensive and inappropriate.  This letter is in response to your email.

At Tilly's, we invest considerable effort into improving our customer service, therefore we appreciate all input we may receive from our customers. I would like to personally apologize for the inconvenience this unfortunate incident might have caused you and your family.  As the person in charge of all aspects of company operations, I take full responsibility for all that happens in our stores.

As part of our everlasting efforts to improve the service we provide our customers, as well as to ensure this unfortunate incident will not reoccur, specific guidelines and instructions were given to the people who are directly responsible for buying, purchasing, visual presentation as well as store operations.  I believe that by using this input we will be able to better serve our customers.

You should be pleased to know that at Tilly's we listen to our customers, and as a result, I immediately instructed the removal of merchandise in question (throw rocks) from all locations.  All items should be removed from our store sales floor by the time you read this email. I hope that you will find our quick response satisfactory, and wish you would give our stores a second chance.

On a side note, i would like to share with you the fact that Tilly's is committed to the education and future of our youth.  At Tilly's, we see ourselves as inseparable part of the community. For that reason, we have dedicated significant resources to help and support various charity organization, as well as create incentive programs which increase the literacy of our youth.  Under no circumstance will Tilly's ever promote or encourage violence, as a matter of fact, most of us are parents and the idea of promoting violence among our youth is appalling to us as well.  

As stated before, I hope that you will find this to be an isolated error, which we have immediately acted to remedy.

If I can be of any help, please feel free to contact me directly at 949.609.xxxx.

Sincerely,

Sam Mendelsohn
Senior Vice President
Tilly's

Remember, Your voice counts! Many corporation will indeed do the right thing when their customers make their feelings known. This wouldn't have happened without YOU adding your voice and support. I'm glad to see that Tillys management is both sensitive and responsive to issues like this, and I commend Sam Mendelsohn for his understanding and action in this matter. Thanks, Sam!

-SPARC Admin

[URL=http://deltabravo.net]http://deltabravo.net[/URL]

Kitty C.

'On a side note, i would like to share with you the fact that Tilly's is committed to the education and future of our youth. At Tilly's, we see ourselves as inseparable part of the community. For that reason, we have dedicated significant resources to help and support various charity organization, as well as create incentive programs which increase the literacy of our youth. Under no circumstance will Tilly's ever promote or encourage violence, as a matter of fact, most of us are parents and the idea of promoting violence among our youth is appalling to us as well.'

If that's the case, how did the damn merchandise get into their stores to begin with????? Makes you wonder just how much of that letter was sugar-coated........

Shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, I guess, but can anyone really verify that they took the crap off the shelves???  
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MKx2

"If that's the case, how did the damn merchandise get into their stores to begin with????? "

I suspect that it got into the stores via buyers and Mr. Sam doesn't pay a lot of attention to stock on a day to day basis.  As an owner he employs people he expects to show good judgement about this type of thing, and in a perfect world he wouldn't have to play hound dog to sniff it out.

Regardless, prompt action on his part should be met with kudos!  Ain't it just amazing how quickly these people respond when a group gets on to them about it? :7

Three cheers for SPARC and all others who helped bring this about!

Thanks to Admin for getting the ball rolling too!

StPaulieGirl

I missed this one, I was out of town.  Good to see that old fashioned activism still works :-)

Economics 101: Money talks, BS walks....

MKx2

"I missed this one, I was out of town."

Out of town this MORNING?????

LOL - Admin only posted it today SPG!  ROTFLMAO!

StPaulieGirl

I've been so pissed off that I didn't even look when this was posted.  Not sleeping, then finally getting up at 4am, didn't help either:+