Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 07:19:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Question about Post-Separation Support

Started by rick_private, Jan 21, 2006, 09:17:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick_private

Hello all,

I'm an ncp dad of two elementary age kids. My ex is remarried, but after 2.5 years of remarriage her husband recently moved out of the marital home.

My ex doesn't work: She quit her clerical job shortly after her wedding and had few assets when she remarried. But during her remarriage she and our children have enjoyed an affluent lifestyle, thanks primarily to her husband (I pay cs, of course, but it isn't sufficient to fund her upscale lifestyle).

If my ex divorces, is she likely to get alimony or post separation support, given that she is a dependent spouse?  I doubt her husband is guilty of marital fault.

Is she likely to get any property, given she brought few assets to the marriage...and her husband I assume protected his assets by not commingling and with a prenup?

Personally I don't think her husband owes her much.  But I'm concerned because she is the cp of our children, and I don't know where they will live and how she will support them if her marriage ends.

Any thoughts on how long she is likely to be able to stay in the marital home? And what, if any, pss she might get, and how long it might be given for? Thanks in advance for any replies.

ocean

Hi,
You will not have to pay her alimony but the second husband may....it is what they come up with if they are civil to each other, if not it depends on your state laws and if they had a pre-nup.