Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 03:59:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

And Baby Makes Ten For Single Mother

Started by StPaulieGirl, Nov 26, 2003, 09:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StPaulieGirl

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/metro/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1069831656242380.xml

And baby makes 10 for single mother

Her holiday wish is for a better life

Wednesday November 26, 2003

By Stacy Day
Contributing writer

Thanksgiving may find Edrina, 32, giving birth to a new baby, a daughter, the doctors say, who is due on the holiday. The new baby will add to Edrina's already very busy household when she comes home to join nine brothers and sisters.

Edrina is a single mother who is grateful to her own mother for lending a hand. "My mom really helps me out a lot," she says. "She tries hard to help me."

She is especially grateful for her mother's help staying with the younger children while she takes her son Tevin, 3, to doctor appointments and for the occupational and physical therapy he receives for his developmental delays.

Edrina wishes she could work, but she stays home with the younger children who are not yet in school. She worries about what the new year will bring for her finances. December is the last month she is eligible to receive welfare. She receives a Social Security payment for Tevin, but that check just barely covers her rent. She is concerned about how she will pay her utilities after December. When asked what she will do, Edrina says: "Just pray."

The unknown future has dampened her enthusiasm for the holidays. "I don't even have the Thanksgiving spirit," she says.

Her children have the Christmas spirit, however, and already are making wish lists for Santa. Her mother has offered to try to buy gifts for the children, but "I don't want her to try to do everything," Edrina says.

The older boys, Carl, 16, Kerrell, 11 and Robert, 8, love video games they can play on TV. Jacquekeya, 12, has admired the new Easy Bake Oven, while the younger girls, Shamekia, 9, and Brittany, 4 (she has a twin, Brian) really like Dora Explorer. They like "anything Dora" says Edrina, but Brittany would especially like a Dora watch, like the one her older sister received on her birthday.

While she has no specific plan yet, Edrina's wish for Christmas is "that I could better my situation."

"There are 10 of us now and I stay in a one-bedroom apartment -- just picture that. I wish I could do better."

Edrina's children will each receive a present when they join thousands of other children Dec. 20 at the Superdome for the 108th annual Times-Picayune Doll and Toy Fund giveaway.

The fund will hold another giveaway Dec. 6 with the Jefferson Parish Doll and Toy Fund at the Mike Miley Playground. It also contributes to the Covington, Kenner and Mandeville police departments, St. Tammany and Westwego Toys for Tots and St. Bernard Operation Merry Christmas.

The fund relies on community contributions, which can be made in honor of a loved one or as a memorial. Contributions should be sent to The Times-Picayune Doll and Toy Fund, P.O. Box 61065, New Orleans, toLA 70161-9979. Tickets to the giveaways are distributed by local churches and community centers.

I have a better idea....let's chip in and get her sterilized!!!!

Can you believe this woman is actually trolling for donations because of her stupidity?

mudbunnies

where are the dad's????

10 kids and 1 parent in a ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT....

OMG... i'd be screaming at the courts to give me my kid....

i've seen 5 people living in THREE Bedrooms and still tripping over each other...

she can't possibly have beds for all of them or food or clothes to cover them if she doesn't work and her ONE and only source of income only pays the rent.....

your right she needs sterilizing.... years ago....

NancyLou

I was thinking the same thing.  She could have a better life if she would stop breeding with every swinging zipper that came down the pike.

And if her only income is the SS for one of her kids, then where are the dad's?  She isn't a single mother, she is a mother that is refusing to allow dad/dads to be a part of their kid's lives. I'm sure there are about 10 men out there who would welcome the chance to help take care of her kids.  Maybe she could give some of them custody to get some of them out of a one bedroom apartment.  How can Children's Services allow this to continue?

hisliltulip

"She could have a better life if she would stop breeding with every swinging zipper that came down the pike."

I've never heard that one before, love it! LOL!!!
:o !!!!

NancyLou

>"She could have a better life if she would stop breeding with
>every swinging zipper that came down the pike."
>
>I've never heard that one before, love it! LOL!!!
>:o !!!!

I wanted to use another word in place of zipper, but this is a polite group here.  LOL

Arya

Or perhaps I should say, so stupid that breed is all she CAN do. If this isn't an example of that I don't know what is. Sort of makes the argument for some type of MANDITORY birth control or something.

Arya

wendl

10 kids in a 1 Bedroom, where do they all sleep, and where are the dads, if I was one of the dads I would be doing whatever I could to get custody of my child.  What is with these woman who continue to have kids with no means to support them. Maybe we should all chip in so she can get fixed, or send her a life supply of condoms.

Man I feel for these kids though its not their fault.

Indigo Mom

She reminds me of welfare mooch!  Thinking everyone but their own damned selves needs to support their kids.  

These kids are gonna live a great life.  All the welfare (she ain't gonna be kicked off and you know it), all the other "benefit" programs for those who can't seem to SHUT THEIR FARCKIN LEGS, all the Holiday programs the Police Departments do.  All the Churches donating.

MAKES ME SICK.  My kids are going to have a small Christmas unless we OURSELVES can pull our heads out and figure something good...and all 10 of these kids are going to be raking in the presents left and right.

Gawd...sterilization?  Nah...forced adoption!  Let other parents who aren't able to create life enjoy what this crack bitch keeps on givin.  

Wait just a minute...just went up and reread.  Ya know...bitch is sitting on welfare, popping out kid after kid...she shouldn't even HAVE A TV.  dammit

Brent

The new baby will add to Edrina's already very busy household when she comes home to join nine brothers and sisters.

Jesus christ, she's a human Xerox machine. Someone get this woman a tube of Super-Glue, because she obviously doesn't have any self control. Or common sense.