Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 02:52:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

OMG I have NEWS!

Started by SLYarnell, Jul 20, 2006, 10:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLYarnell

Just last evening we got an email from SD's lawyer and the guardian has agreed to terminate the guardianship!!!  WOOOOHOOOO  I cant believe it!   9 YEARS I have been waiting for this day and its finally here.  SD has been with us for her 7 weeks this summer and she was to go back on Monday, now she doesnt have to.

A bit of an update to the story will most likely make it make sense to all you oldtimers that know what a struggle this has been for us.  Guardians got a divorce and now male guardian who retained custody of all the kids including my SD is remarrying.  SD was not happy with that idea as guardian told her she would have a new "mom" that she would "grow to love"  Also there would have been a total of 10 kids and 2 adults in the new family.

She is doing sooo well here this summer, she has settled in beautifully, she finished today with a 6 week summer Geometry class at the local college as a high school sophmore.  She has friends and has been attending her local church.

FINALLY we are gonna be a family that no one can disrupt ever again!

I cant say enough how all the advise and encouragement from all of you at SPARC got us thru this mess.  I couldnt have done it without all of you!

SLY/Shellie

Kent

I'm so glad to hear that!
She's finally coming home!
What did SD say about it?

Kent!

speciallady

WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I was just thinking about you too~
(formerly oneandonly--all the cool people are named "Shelly/Shellie" lol)

SLYarnell

Actually it was SD's idea to terminate.  She said she wanted to live with us, but visit the "host family"  She said she didnt want anyone to have to go to court again, spend more money and continue to fight.  She just wanted it over.

Her lawyer verified that she wasnt being manipulated, felt satisified with what she was hearing and talked to the guardian.  A day later we received the email saying he would abide by her wishes and not fight the termination.

Lawyer is preparing paperwork now for judges signature.  SD is very happy and we are planning the rest of our summer.  She is settled in church here and looking forward to school starting.

And we just cant believe it is finally over... *big sigh of relief*

4honor

I am so glad for you and the family. It has been a long time coming.

Hugs your way!

4honor.

Hey SLY, email me. we haven't talked in forever.
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

determined

I'm sure that you will be even more relieved to have it in writing, but it sounds great.

janM

It took 9 years too long. Longer probably.
How old is she now?

MixedBag

Congrats to the two of you and I'm really happy for his daughter!

wendl

OMG Sly that gave me chills.

I am so happy for you, I know what a struggle this has been over the years.  

How exciting and releaving that this is finally going to happen.

I bet DH is just besides himself.

SLYarnell

I dont think you could wipe the smile off his face...