Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 01:13:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Success in Court...

Started by dipper, Aug 11, 2006, 05:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

Hi all,

After a two year battle and losing three times pursuing custody, my dh finally won custody a few months ago. Custody reversed almost two months ago.  Within seconds, bm had cursed dh in front of ss - a violation of the order, and was demanding more time than dh ever had.  Now, remember, she has refused dh time constantly over the past two years.  Seconds after dh took custody, she was saying she woudl file a contempt against him for denying her time.....I am not exaggerating - it was that quick!

Well, dh filed against her for cursing him in front of ss, a clarification of court order, and for CS.

This week, she filed against dh for show cause - failing to provide all of her summer visitation - which was not due until August 31 and which dh had already told her she could have weekends..

Today was court - both pro se, and the judge said dh had not violated the court order - he had followed it exactly...and he clarified the wording in the original order.  

He did find bm guilty of violating the order, but as it was the first time he actually ruled on it, he said next time she would receive punishment.

DH of course got cs and it was a fair amount....

And...all of this in front of an older, old-fashioned judge who has clearly favored bm in the past, and paid much more attention to her today, just let her talk and talk......dh said very little,but he got everything he wanted....

So, keep the faith....we have about pulled our hair out and went crazy along the way, but the results are amazing.....we are just finally hoping for some peace....

KathyNY

CONGRATULATIONS!  There's proof right there that good prevails and good guys don't always finish last!  Have a wonderful life w/ SD!

wendl

Dipper,

That is great---I know you have been trying so long for this. CONGRATS to your child.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

msme

Congrats dipper, I know it has been a long haul.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

Kent

You never gave up, and it paid off.

So tell me, all the frustration and pushing for the change, was it worth it?

(I know it was... )

Kent!

dipper

Many times I felt we should just give up....it just seemed we were beating our heads against a wall.  DH felt the judge - who has retired before and is old fashioned, was very biased, but the judge followed the law.

At any rate after such a LONG haul, we feel true colors are showing....our children are in school now...

SS is extremely happy.....he has rekindled old friendships and is smiling.....in band for the first time as he has always wanted to be.....I think he feels a sense of real belonging as he has a (step)sister in the same grade as well as a cousin.  

I work at school, not their's but next door, so they can either ride the bus or with me.  And I am there if something happens..