Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 10:17:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anybody done a background check?

Started by joni, Aug 22, 2006, 01:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joni

Hi Gang,

Long time no post.  Been a crazy time with a newborn and in the midst of a custody evaluation for my SD.  Sorry to have been out of the loop, you're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Have come to find out that SD's SF is a big time drinker with other strange things in his life.  Anyone had any luck with online sites for checking DUI's or other info?  Can you recommend any sites?  

Thanks!

melissa3

Hey!

I did not have much luck with this online backround checking site - //www.cisworldwide.com

I lost $40 dollors to that site and all it gave me was more links to other sites =(

I've heard there is a way of accessing public records yourself (in person), but I don't know where to go or how to do it. I'm still looking for info on that.

My only concern with the internet background checks is that a judge might not find the info valid enough. That would be our luck - we'd dig up some really good dirt (that we know to be true) and the judge would turn us down on authenticity issues.

Good luck with your search. Please post if you find anything =)

cathy

NC Dept of Correction has their records online.  Just a matter of going and typing in the name and it will show any arrests - including DUI's.

I don't know what other states have their records online.   Any idea what states these incidents may have occurred in?

Genie

If it would be dupage I know the link.  Not sure about Cook county where Chicago is located.  Let me know, I may be able to help you.

joni

Monroe County where my SD lives.  Out of state, living so far away, unfamiliar with the state makes it so much more difficult you know.  That's why I'm reaching out.

KathyNY

I'm in Onondaga County and since I've been online researching my own case and can't seem to concentrate on my job anymore, I'll see if I can't find out anything for you.  I have a friend whose ex-husband is a cop but she's out of town until Monday.  I'll let you know if find anything.  Good luck.

KathyNY

I found this information on the following website: http://www.publicrecordsinfo.com/public_records/newyork_public_records.htm     (then clicked on NY Criminal Records)
There is also a link on the same page for Other Resources- one of which is a Background Check.  It connects you to US Search.  Last name & Age are required.  You can also search by SSN.  It looks like a site that charges a fee but there's an 800# to call.  

"Listed below is contact information and/or links to websites containing resources to help in a search for New York criminal records.

Most criminal records searches are done on the local county level by accessing the records at the county courthouse."

County Courthouses:

Monroe County
39 W. Main St. , Room 101
Rochester, NY 14614

Telephone: (716) 428-5151

Here's another website that will do a background check for a fee:
http://www.knowx.com/

"KnowX is the place to start to find accurate information about businesses, people and assets, and to discover the critical relationships between them. Run a background check, locate assets, verify property value, and more using nationwide public records compiled from official data sources."

joni

That would be WAY cool.  Let me know.