Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 27, 2024, 12:21:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

More on Claire's offensive merchandise

Started by Brent, Jan 19, 2004, 09:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msme

but it might also be worth considering.

Is it possible that a class action suit could be brought against D & G to demand that they either stop making the shirts or make identical shirts for boys? You know the NOW would never let the first one get through the process.

I know we don't want anyone to wear things that advocate violence but sometimes a direct approach doesn't work & you need to slide in on the side.

Just some food for thought.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression!

MKx2

but not to these people.  Have just done so.

Hope the results will be the same as the others have been previously.

joni

StPaulieGirl

Why not bring a class action lawsuit?  Just the threat of one brings about severe puckering, lol!

We could also shoot off a notice to NOW declaring that if David and Goliath do not act fairly by affording boys the same opportunity as girls to threaten, and belittle them, we will launch a massive class action suit....on behalf of every minor male (boy) in the USA. Let's put NOW to work!  )(

I'm kind of joking, but it could work if someone slick could organize it.

MYSONSDAD

I feel uneasy sending them personal information about myself. They have not earned my trust and do not appear to be a reputable company.

Hello!

Thank-you for your e-mail inquiry.  Please forward your mailing address
(and full name) so that we can appropriately respond to you.

Thank-you,
Katie Michaels
Director of Consumer Affairs
Claire's Stores, Inc.

"Children learn what they live"

determined

I emailed all of the above, expressing my displeasure.

But isn't it illegal to promote and incite violent criminal acts (e.g., "throw rocks at them").  I'm sure if I was so obnoxious as to wear a T-shirt to court suggesting that we throw rocks at the Judges, I would be locked up for a long time.