Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 30, 2024, 01:28:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need HELP with wording this issue

Started by patton, Feb 12, 2004, 07:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

patton

My cousin has temporary sole custody of his daughter as of April 2003. The mother was in jail for using cocaine and giving cocaine to the child. The mother has always lived with her parents, so the child had also lived there too up until my cousin was granted custody.

This all happened very fast as CPS got involved, the court, the Judge and BAM he had custody.  The grandparents pushed for visitation and at the time I thought it was a good idea as my daughter had lived there and I did not want to remove here with no contact at all.  

This was supposed to be mediated and settled within a couple of months. It's almost been a year now, as they have changed attorneys, asked for continuances and received them.

They are going to mediation on the 26th of February.

I know a precedent has been set, but it shouldn't have since this was supposed to have been taken care of in a shorter time.

My cousin does NOT want the grandparents in the court order, as he feels the mother should have some contact and visitation, probably supervised since she is on 4 years probation for the drug problem.  Then IF she wants her parents to see that child that is up to her.

Now if the mother and daughter were living there I would think the parents that are both in the medical field would have had some idea the daughter was doing drugs and are just as quilty as she is for giving the drugs to the child and a cousin.

Any suggestions on the wording will be greatly appreciated, as I'm helping them as much as I can.

Davy

Hate to say this.   //www.parentsrights.net is dedicated to fit parents fighting against grandparents seeking visitation.  You may pick up some wording/info. at that site.   From what I understand some states are
grandparent friendly while others are not.  

IMHO, all access to this child by the BM should be supervised by someone other than the grandparents and the grandparents should not be ordered separate visitation periods.  

Hope this helps !

MixedBag

Davy

patton

You go to your USER menu and click on the INBOX.  It's a private message that others can't see.  Especially if you think someone is lurking and monitoring your messages.

Indigo Mom

it's the opposite of AM!