Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Jun 30, 2024, 01:52:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forensic Psychologist

Started by Reyna, Jul 14, 2004, 09:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyna

Hi, I am new to the board and this is my first post. My husband is in the middle of a custody battle with his ex who is the CP. The  Judge in the case asked us to go through a forensic psychological evaluation.  I found the whole thing very strange and would like to hear if what we went through is normal. We (all the parties involved) met alone with the Dr, then we met with the Dr. in family groups. Some of the questions we were asked, I can in no way see how it relates to who should get custody. I am trying to keep this brief, so if anyone has gone through this and can tell me anything about forensic psychology, I would appreciate it!!

bluesman

>Hi, I am new to the board and this is my first post. My
>husband is in the middle of a custody battle with his ex who
>is the CP. The  Judge in the case asked us to go through a
>forensic psychological evaluation.  I found the whole thing
>very strange and would like to hear if what we went through is
>normal. We (all the parties involved) met alone with the Dr,
>then we met with the Dr. in family groups. Some of the
>questions we were asked, I can in no way see how it relates to
>who should get custody. I am trying to keep this brief, so if
>anyone has gone through this and can tell me anything about
>forensic psychology, I would appreciate it!!

This site has a lot of info about evaluations that you should look at. Also, each state has its own rules that custody evaluators must follow and you should be able to find that on the internet. That will give you a good idea of what may be particular to your state.

Good luck.

NeverGiveUp

Black magic.  The Dr. asks you questions and then offers an interpretation.  The judge and the GAL read it and it sticks like gum to the bottom of your shoe.

The MMRP tests are standardized but still are not a 'real' science in that they don't always give the same results.

Sad fact is that the whole shooting match depends largly on how the Dr feels about you.

nosonew

FORENSIC psychologists to my knowledge, are the ONLY custody evaluators that are capable and trained to determine if PAS is happening.  (Gardner 2nd Edition).  PLEASE research what you need to be doing before it is too late! Do a google search of Parental Alienation Syndrome....then read for days, literally.  Knowledge is Power.  Good luck!  And read Gardner! And there are several other experts out there now as well!

richiejay

Can you be more specific about the questions....I know they go through the whole mental health history, legal history, etc.  Sometimes they just ask questions to see who knows the child better not just that "she belongs to me".  And of course they'll go through you're personal history to see if you are a stable person or if you have any major biases, opinions, etc.

wendl

email this man, he will give you the best advice, [email protected]

He also has a website but I can't remember it off the top of my head, do a google search with his name.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

Reyna

Thanks...I found the website, just by doing a google and typing in his name. He has lots of info on there. I tell you I have learned so much from all the reading and  research I have done for my husband regarding his battle. I feel it is just not for him, but for my step children who deserve, as my stepson said "a second chance at being a kid".

So again thanks!!!

Reyna

I actually brought up PAS to the Dr. wondering if my husband's ex did not suffer from that. The Dr's answer was no. If it isn't PAS then I guess it is just abuse.  She tries ever way possible to keep my husband from being part of his children's lifes...it has backfired on her though. The more she does it, the more they dislike her and the more they want to come here.

Reyna

The Drs questions to me were very standard, starting from my birth to the present. How was my childhood, why did my marriage fail, what kind of parent am I, do I beat my children, etc. The questions on the personality test were just weird, all true or false.

I have not seen a car in the last 10 years
I enjoy fixing door latches
I worry about money
I think someone is watching me
I hear and see things others don't

Over 700 questions and it was more of an "Am I a Psycho" test than a personality.

Reyna

Great...not what I want to hear...I don't think anyone here in NY likes me...LOL