Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 02:08:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Environmental Concerns

Started by MYSONSDAD, Nov 06, 2004, 09:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

My trial is soon approaching. For those who have been thru the process of a trial, can anyone tell me how much weight, if any, is put on the surrounding environment of a child? I have a dangerous situation surrounding my son on all sides. I can't go into much, due to the PBFH has found me here.

All suggestions are most appreciated...

"Children learn what they live"

Kitty C.

.......that if it qualifies for abuse or neglect, it should definitely have an impact.  For example, if a child had a severe allergy to mold and your home had enough in it to make him/her continously or frequently sick, that's severe neglect and abuse...neglect in not taking care of the problem and abuse for making the child go thru that.

The only thing I could recommend is to talk to someone in DHS/CPS and asking them what they consider dangerous to a child's environment, enough for legal action to take place.

Here's a link to Iowa's Guide for Mandatory Reporters........I was going to cut and paste excerpts, but it was too long:

http://www.dhs.state.ia.us/ReportingChildMand.asp

Start on page 12 with 'Indicators'..............

Hope this gives you a little insight..........
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MYSONSDAD

Yes, this does help.

I have four major issues, 3 being life threatening.

One is abuse.

Thank you...

MYSONSDAD

http://library.adoption.com/information/Child-Abuse-and-Neglect/773/1.html

Thanks Kitty for waking my brain up!

"Children learn what they live"

Kitty C.

Two heads (or more!) are better than one!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Lawmoe

Yourt questions is far to vague.  Any issue or ciurcumstance that affects the Best interests of children are relevant in custody proceedings. ften it is a matter of proof and demonstrating whatis or is not in the child's best interestsw ith compelling evidence.