Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 04:24:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anybody use a Private Detective? Do you think this has any value?

Started by joni, Nov 22, 2004, 09:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joni

My DH wants to challenge custody.  Problem is all of our evidence is 'soft'.  When we filed a motion last year with the problems, the BM got her act together, fixed superficially what was wrong and looked like mother of the year when she appeared before the judge.

We were thinking of hiring a private detective.  According to my 7 y.o. SD, she says mom is never home.  Mom is out doing her own thing.  Consequently, SD is left home with grandma who's an alcoholic.  Grandma sits in the kitchen and drinks all day, doesn't go out, so there's no potential for a DUI on her, etc.  SD won't call the police on drunk grandma, she would never get her in trouble and she's afraid of her mother's wrath.

My thoughts on getting a PI would be to have proof that mom is never home.  Child is in excessive day care with grandma.  What's the point of mom being a CP if she's not there to be a parent?

Would a PI's report in this regard be enough to show the child is abandoned by the BM?  Would the judge even care?  Thoughts please!  Any advice would be appreciated!

T0052SC

I have used a PI through out my process.  So far the judge has taken everything the PI has seriously.  The problem with PIs are they are expensive, but if you get a good one they have ways of getting the evidence that your SD is scared of doing.