Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 28, 2024, 05:35:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Super Hero Dads Video

Started by joni, Dec 08, 2004, 12:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joni

This video was made of the Fathers 4 Justice march on the prime minister's home in London this past summer. It's a beautiful tribute. If watching it doesn't inspire you, I don't know what will.

http://www.ukscreen.com/screen/95

It's my understanding the the Fathers 4 Justice is in the process of setting up a formal office here in the States.

As you'll see in the film, their signature color is purple. It started me thinking that we should have some symbol as our solidarity.

I found a web site, //www.theribbonlady.com. She has nice enamel pins in various colors. For $9 and shipping, you could have a dozen of these pins for yourself and give to friends and family members to wear to symbolize Equal Parenting Rights.

I thought purple because it's the color that Fathers 4 Justice is already using. The problem is, purple ribbons are associated with Domestic Violence in Canada. Considering most members on this board are falsely accused on domestic violence......maybe it's appropriate just for that reason....maybe not.

Please share your thoughts about this and see if you think, as a community, we should try to do something like this to get our message out. It would be nice to have the color purple to work consistently with the Fathers 4 Justice.