Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 29, 2024, 12:25:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Question on DNA testing

Started by MYSONSDAD, Mar 10, 2005, 10:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MYSONSDAD

How old does a child need to be for DNA testing to take place?

"Children learn what they live"

TwoBoys

The child can be of any age.

Ive known someone to have it done via amnio, but that is unlikely.  Ive also known some people to have it done immediately following the birth, while the baby was still in the hospital.  I personally had my sons dna test done when he was 6 months old.

TwoBoys...

wendl

Almost 13yrs ago when my son was born they made you wait until the baby was 5 months old.

From what I have heard they can and will do it right after the birth. Not quite sure though.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

Troubledmom

DNA testing can be done invitro through an amniocentisis if an amnio is medically indicated and going otbe performed anyway. Courts will not order an amnio DNA test to be done but can order that in the event of one being medically indicated that the DNA test be done.

The court can order that prior to the child's release from the hospital that a DNA test be performed. And DNA testing can be performed to prove paternity from the date of birth until... well just about anytime after that... generally not over age 18 tho.

TM

Lawmoe

A child can be tested at birth. They now perform a swab test of the inside of the mouth.